Question Soundbar vs Klipsch 2.1 speakers for desktop PC

that depends on what you currently have
this:
251e937f-7f04-4d93-8848-1e8257e0c3ef.f022778e3e6bc1a28ee7e646a9a7defb.jpeg

or this?

819VTNXKztL._AC_SL1500__1024x410.jpg

first option could be considered as taking too much space, but am affraid no soundbar would be better alternative
as for second option...with or without subwoofer?

tmcc

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
that depends on what you currently hav

819VTNXKztL._AC_SL1500__1024x410.jpg

first option could be considered as taking too much space, but am affraid no soundbar would be better alternative
as for second option...with or without subwoofer?

I have the bottom one you posted.

Klipsch 2.1 is very good.
A soundbar will be a downgrade.
Does your monitor have speakers?
That would take up no room, but the sound would be lousy.
I gotcha. Thanks for your thoughts. The monitor has speakers but they are very bad. I'm trying to best achieve sound/space usage balance. I don't need the bass but I do need the full range to hear footsteps and whatnot. The Klipsch 2.1 PC speakers are nice but honestly too loud and the subwoofer is unnecessary but cannot be removed.

tmcc

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
I don't mind a slight "downgrade" as far as bass goes. I kind of want to get rid of the subwoofer. The cabling is messy and the sub itself is unnecessary. I never have it loud enough to where it matters. This is for gaming on a desktop PC ... I can go up to 40" wide on a soundbar but would prefer 36" so that the soundbar doesn't exceed my monitor's width

When I want music and movies, I use my main home theater which is 7.1 klipsch with RP-8000 main floor speakers. This is just gaming... I don't like using headphones either.

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
It would be a downgrade if you go for a sound bar

How about you get a bigger pair of monitors , like the Yamaha HS8 or the JBL 308P MKII , then at least you would have a wider and better frequency response than your current setup and would feel like an improvement
Plus they have much better resale value even if its 10 years down the road , while the soundbar you would probably have to throw it away or sell for nothing of value , in addition the monitor's are more flexible you can add a subwoofer to them later on and use them for different purposes

Reactions: Daisy_smith0123
It would be a downgrade if you go for a sound bar

How about you get a bigger pair of monitors , like the Yamaha HS8 or the JBL 308P MKII , then at least you would have a wider and better frequency response than your current setup and would feel like an improvement
Plus they have much better resale value even if its 10 years down the road , while the soundbar you would probably have to throw it away or sell for nothing of value , in addition the monitor's are more flexible you can add a subwoofer to them later on and use them for different purposes

I have a pair of Yamaha HS8's with the HS8 subwoofer, which sounds like you dont need the sub. I've gone through a few speaker sets over my years and i would not trade them in for anything. The closest ive come to the HS8's is the frankenstein setup i have at work with a pair of Focal access 165 A3 speakers in a custom bookshelf box i built powered by a focal solid 2 amp running off an old Evga 650w G2 power supply.