Soundblaster Live on 2000

G

I was hoping that I could find someone that could help me everytime I try to install my drivers for my soundblaster live in win2000 it does not allow me to update some of the files it tells me that these files can not be changed to keep system stability. I was wondering if there was a way to turn of the feature that protects certain files from being changed.

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am currently using a SB Live card under 2000. I dont know if you are using the same driver as me. Here's mine : http://www.creativehelp.com/files/download.asp?OS=Win2k&prod=sblive.

Try the standalone driver if the LiveWare doesn't function.

Good luck!

G

I too have a SB Live in my Win2000 machine. I didn't see the errors you are seeing, but I can maybe point you in the direction of some information that might be helpful (might not).

YOu are seeing these errors because the drivers you are trying to install are not signed correctly. My suggestion is to go to www.soundblaster.com and (re)download the whole driver package.

If you still get the same error messages, you can disable System File Checker (aka Windows File Protection, WFP). This is reccomended for ADVANCED USERS only and you will need some special tools (i.e. a Kernel debugger) for it to work smoothly. Refer to the article here:
http://www.microsoft.com/HWDEV/sfp/wfp.htm

Hope this helps.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I ahve SBLive player on Win2000 and no no problems. Sometimes it asks you "Do you want to replace this file?" stuff, don't worry, it's normal, all you have to do is to see the different file versions and keep those that are newer. However for those SBLive + w2k users I want to ask you who could listen the difference between drivers supplied in w2k cd and the one downloaded off the sounblaster.com?

Smart guys are not smart; they only see things in different perspective.
1st <b>member</b>!

G

I always install the Win2K service pack FIRST from
a clean install before i do anything now. Admittedly,
it eats up alot of space, but it seems to improve compatability with software and hardware (for me,
anyhow) If you already have the service pack installed then maybe that's the problem....

The new drivers are not meant to improve sound only to improve I/O, compatability, etc. (sometimes, it makes
it worse as with the Win2K SP1)

The only thing that MAY improve sound would be a FLASH
ROM upgrade that just doesn't exist yet...