Soundblaster X Fi Xtremegamer problems

KarjamP

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
I seem to be having trouble with my card.

I use to use a workround by disabling the CMSS 3D, but this time, I have no luck.

The other time I had this in the computer, there's a chance that it'll crash with BSOD with the error code:

Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 80546ef0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

I have a Biostar Geforce 6100 m9. It has that same chip that was semi incompatible with the soundcard, but the settings of the motherboard is different than the origional motherboad.

I've tried disabling the EAX (although, as the soundcard crashed at that time, I think it'll revert back on on reboot. :p If I remember, maybe I'll try again when the soundcard desides to work and maybe I'll post (If I remember))

Please help!

Note that English is my native language. It JUST that I don't like spell checking informal work.

KarjamP

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Because the problem's there since I've recieved it. And it was manufacture refurbished.

Anyway, I think what ALSO fixed it (well, sort of :p) was setting the latency of the card to low using a program meant to be used on PCI graphics cards (I think). Didn't stop the bootup crashes, though. :p

Maybe I'll should download that and see what happens.

EDIT: It'll be the pain that I'll download it, as I am on dialup, but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT2: I've missed the point of your question, didn't I? :p

Anyway, I'll see if I can get ulternate drivers. I'll have to get the drivers tomorrow. ;)

have you tried disabling the incompatible audio... dont uninstall it just turn it off.
i found that my xtrme gamer didnt like being in the machine while i isntalled windows 7... it just wouldnt get detected. i removed it and replaced it after the install and it worked perfectly. and this is on a ex58-ud5 motherboard.

KarjamP

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
No, my soundcard's NOT dead. It JUST turns out my motherboard has a same northbridge/southbridge (I forgot what :p) chip of a certian nvidia motherboard known for it's incompatibility.

And yes, I've disabled the on board audio.

I think it IS the drivers, as the temperally fix worked on the drivers from mid 2011.

I've just blew my luck on downloading any drivers from my mom's computer, as she won't have access to it for 7 working days. :'(

No, my soundcard's NOT dead. It JUST turns out my motherboard has a same northbridge/southbridge (I forgot what ) chip of a certian nvidia motherboard known for it's incompatibility.

Oh, THAT bug...

For the record, Nvidia mobos aren't the only one affected; the problem is Creative using out of spec PCI speeds/latencies which some motherboards simply do NOT like. I know that aside from Nvidia, both Biostar and some lower-end ASUS motherboards could run into this problem with Creative soundcards.

My old nforce 790i Ultra simply did NOT play nice with the Creative Extremegamer, but worked flawlessly with the Razer Barracuda, HT Omega Striker, and ASUS Xonar D2. Its not NVIDIA, its Creative. [Yet another reason I refuse to ever recommend one of their products...]

KarjamP

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Yeah, whatever.

It CAN work on my computer, as evident in the workaround of the older drivers (granted, the computer kept crashing on startup, but...). It's just that I don't have them due to the harddrive bricking a couple months back.

I'll see if I can get Daniel K's drivers at 7:00 PM GMT+2. If I fail, I can always try next weekend (can't do it in this one, as I'm going out to Joberg from Cape Town (in South Africa in case you're wondering) ).

KarjamP

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Just downloaded the PAX drivers. Didn't work. :'(

Gonna try Daniel K's when I get the chance.

And note: I've gotten the X Fi for native Soundfont support, not for its "great" features.