I have tried unsuccessfully five times now to download
SP2 for XP home. I have even ordered and tried to use
the CD. THe automatic update ALSO gets 3/4 through and
says it cannot finish installing. What is going on?

Ginny;
Follow the Service Pack Installation checklist:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Ginny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried unsuccessfully five times now to download
> SP2 for XP home. I have even ordered and tried to use
> the CD. THe automatic update ALSO gets 3/4 through and
> says it cannot finish installing. What is going on?

How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

Good Luck!
---
How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)