G

I'm looking for a good speaker/sound card combo. I'm thinking of getting the Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers and the Diamond MX300 sound card, is this a good choice? Would a Live!OEM be better? They will be mostly used for MP3 listening.

Thanx in Advance

G

Can anybody help me? I just got the ATP3 speakers a few days ago, so all I need is a good sound card for them.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you can get it cheap, get it, but it depends what kind of system you have. Latest stuff does not always work with MX300 (mine does though). I have MS Sound System 80 for speakers, and it gives me more than plenty of power and crisp sound from that combo (especially when USB is used and I use my home system if I need rear speakers, more than enough power that way :eek:)
Try new Game Theater XP though, that one is the latest "innovation" as far as sound cards go, good feedbacks on it. MX300 is a little bit "old" (even it was, and is, and will be, the best for me)

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

G

This sound card would be put in an old Pentium 133 computer. That's why it's mostly for MP3s and not games. Although sometimes I like to play some good ol' StarCraft on it =)

I just saw an Aureal SQ2500 at the store, is that good?

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It has same chipset as MX300 and digital out as I recall, so it is ok to get it if you are going to use it on the older system, as long as it does not require to spend too much :eek:), but as far as being the best for MP3s, it is for the price it has. So dont worry, SB Live is not that good at MP3s playback, I had it.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink: