[SOLVED] Speakers making a...sound...not sure

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
So every now and then my speakers are making a cartoony falling off a cliff sound...seems to be random, just a faint high pitched Peeeeeeeeeew starts kinda loud and quickly falls off to nothing... Anybody know whats going on?

Solution
So every now and then my speakers are making a cartoony falling off a cliff sound...seems to be random, just a faint high pitched Peeeeeeeeeew starts kinda loud and quickly falls off to nothing... Anybody know whats going on?

That sounds like a capacitor discharging, if they are cheap speakers I would replace them.

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
well i don't get these sounds on my headset or anything like that, so its probably limited to the speakers i would assume, but ill see what happens hooking them up elsewhere

Also they seem to be making the sound even when no audio is playing.

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
I was thinking it was a static buildup, Seems to have stopped or atleast slowed down. Made some horrible noises when i unplugged them from the monitor kept doing it, and then it hasnt done it in like...12-18 hours but it was happening every 30 seconds or so... and yeah...they are cheap speakers of a decent brand

TRENDING THREADS