Question Speakers making noise

Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

My speakers are making an annoying buzzing sound when I plug them into my pc with an AUX-cable. When I plug them into my phone with the same cable the noise is reduced a lot, how do I make it so that the noise is reduced when they are plugged into my pc?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 14196

what does "noise is reduced a lot" mean? Is there still the buzzing noise when plugged into other pcs or phones? if so, the speakers are probably shot

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. When the speakers are turned to almost max volume and it's connected to my phone there is almost no noise. When they are connected to my pc there is a noticeable annoying noice. It wasn't like that before, it started after I cleaned up my setup and changed the cable management.

D

Deleted member 14196

aha... cable management was probably better for you beforehand. You are most likely experiencing electronic chatter, digital noises. That is the reason I use an external USB DAC and AMP.

By rerouting your cables you are most likely inducing noises into the audio circuits.

I too am unhappy with all the onboard audio sets I have had, so, I don't use them anymore., the one in my little baby HP notebook works well though, but I still run mostly thru the DAC and AMP externally to my good headphones.

D

Deleted member 14196

yeah, you can try to reroute. just move one, then another taking note of which ones make noises and stuff. good luck. It must be possible because you said it used to work.