Speakers Perferences ...

G

Hi all,

I'm thinking to change the speakers for my computer since I upgraded my sound card to creative 5.1(the one with the front panel). I watch a lot of DVD and play lots of games on my PC.

Can everyone discuss of the speakers you use / experience for your dreambox at home? How they working up for you? What are the good or bad things about it? Comparing to the Price <--> Performance will you recommend it to other people?

Right now, I am using 4.1 speakers from creative. I found it is pretty good for MP3 and some 3D games, but I just want to have the full surround when I am watching the DVD. If you are not really a surround sound freak, this one is a good choice for most of your needs. I think it is not expensive right now too.

Cheers

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm using the Klipsch 400-watt 4.1 THX speakers with an 160-watt subwoofer. I bought them for my dream machine, and I couldn't be more satisfied. They are analog, but I have not yet heard any digital speakers that were nearly as good. They have bright, crisp highs, no mud in the mid-tones, and a powerful bass with lots of depth and punch.

I spent nearly 20 years as professional musician, working on and behind the stage, and my ear is pretty-well trained when it comes to the subject of tone. In DVD, games, or audio ... these are the best computer speakers I have ever heard ... even better than my JBL stereo system. I can't turn them all the way up without shaking the glass in the windows, and the level of distortion, even at upper levels, is virtually nonexistent.

They are a little pricey, but I figure that it will be a long, long time before I'll consider replacing them.

I've read that there is a new version that has an even better crossover for the subwoofer, with a headphone jack on the right front satellite. There is also a smaller version that has only two satellites, instead of four ... but with the same subwoofer. They are cheaper, and if you are pressed for space, might be just the ticket.

Believe me, if you get a chance to hear them in comparison to other speakers, you'll take them home, too.

My two cents ...!!!

Toejam31

<font color=purple>If there was a reason for everything, having faith would be redundant.</font color=purple>

G

For the most bang for the buck, get the LabTek Pulse 424. It costs 45$ for 2 satelites and a sub woof, it has gotten rave reveiws from MaximumPC (who hates LabTek btw)and I got a set and it sounds GREAT! Infact, the MaximumPC reveiw said that if you buy 2 of these Pulse 424 sets (100$), it sounds better then the top of the line set (300$).

Anyways, I bought a set and I love them. Infact I am trying to turn my computer into a small time recording studio and the LabTek speakers work great.

"He not busy being born is busy dying."
-Dylan

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Hi,
I currently have the ATP 5 (4.1 system) from Altec lansing. All I can say is that they are great- all my friends have been stunned by the design, and teh sound quality is beautiful. They cost around $200.

Looking for wife able to cook, fish, have boat and motor. Please send pic. of boat and motor.

IronManRR

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2001
HI, if ur into DVDs I suggest speakers with an internal DTS decoder. Videologic and MidiLand make some of the nicest speakers around with both an 5.1 and DTS decoder, with 5 speakers....so check out those two brands

The Bodybuilder computer Geek!!
It is better to die on ur feet then lives on ur knees.