SPIED: Nvidia GTX 470 'Fermi' PCB Cut-out Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

heraisu

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Wonder if there will be aftermarket coolers for the back of the card? Ha.

This might go against any chance of a dual-pcb card, if nvidia prefers to have holes cut in the back for temps... don't work if two cards are back-to-back.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Should I sell my gtx 260 and wait til one of these puppies gets released? I could sacrifice gaming for a bit if it is worth the upgrade. Can always pull out the laptop and game on it or browse the web in the mean time ;)

[citation][nom]maydaynomore[/nom]Yeah, I've seen pictures of Big-Foot, and UFO's. Doesn't mean that they are real...[/citation]

True but this one is not being held by Jen so its more than likely the real deal.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]jblack[/nom]And if it is real, then why can we only see the underside of the board?[/citation]

It doesn't matter if it's the front or the back of the card, Photoshop works the same :) In any case, they're just trying to show the cut-out in the PCB, which can't be seen from the front.

@Nvidia- Just release it already!

jblack

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]SpadeM[/nom]At least there are only 2 x 6-pin power connectors... and that's the only good thing i can say right about now.[/citation]

That means it can only pull 225W of power (PCIE = 75W of power, 6 Pin Power connectors are limited to 75W each).

I'm not sure if I believe this is Fermi or not.

jblack

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]It doesn't matter if it's the front or the back of the card, Photoshop works the same In any case, they're just trying to show the cut-out in the PCB, which can't be seen from the front.@Nvidia- Just release it already![/citation]

Yah, but I think it is hard to photoshop words on chips and such. I wanted to see the top side of the PCB, because it would have the name etched in the chip. I don't think this is real anyway. If it was, I'm betting they'd be using at least 1 8 pin power connector and they aren't.

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Why don't you guys believe this is real?
First...Why not. It will be released in under a month.
Second..It has been shown working since at least Jan (at CES).
Third...What other card has a PCB that looks like that one?

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Heraisu[/nom]Wonder if there will be aftermarket coolers for the back of the card? Ha.This might go against any chance of a dual-pcb card, if nvidia prefers to have holes cut in the back for temps... don't work if two cards are back-to-back.[/citation]

I thought they where moving away from dual pcb cards... ATi's been doing it for a while and even the later releases of the 295 where single pcb.

G

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/03/01/fermi-power-requirements-leak/

Status
Not open for further replies.