Question SSD issue detection

May 6, 2024
Hello, I have a big problem. When I boot up my PC it shows me this ( View: https://imgur.com/a/TPbSjHj
). It just doesn-t go through the devices that are shown, and I literally cannot open Windows. I don't know how to explain this, my SSD does not detect but HDD does. My Mobo is P35-DS3 rev 2.1, I flashed my BIOS yesterday and it went without any issues, everything worked. My SSD is ADATA SU650 512 GB. All my ports I think are good. What could be the issue? My BIOS detects it and everything perfectly boots up when it is in IDE but in AHCI SATA nothing works.

My BIOS detects it and everything perfectly boots up when it is in IDE but in AHCI SATA nothing works.
So - you are changing sata controller mode from IDE to AHCI ? Right?
You can try booting into windows safe mode and that should reset sata controller driver.

But normally changing sata controller mode requires reinstallation of windows.

Why can't you use IDE mode anymore?
That obviously was appropriate setting before BIOS update.

May 6, 2024
So - you are changing sata controller mode from IDE to AHCI ? Right?
You can try booting into windows safe mode and that should reset sata controller driver.

But normally changing sata controller mode requires reinstallation of windows.

Why can't you use IDE mode anymore?
That obviously was appropriate setting before BIOS update.
My setting was SATA AHCI. Also, I put a new SSD in (Samsung 870 EVO) it is detected and everything. But my DVD/CD Drives aren't, when it shows the HDD0, it shows my HDD Seagate ofcourse, but ODD1 and ODD0 I can't see them anymore. Whilst I was putting the SSD in I was moving the IDE cable a little bit but I did not damage it, it was kept intacked as it was just bent a little bit and nothing else. What do I do? And also I won't stay on IDE because it will ruin my performance, and also I think one of my SATA cables is not placed correctly, but I tried pulling it and nothing happened. What do I do? Do I remove and place the CMOS battery again? Go to a earlier BIOS version? Help?

May 6, 2024
Try booting into safe mode first.
If that doesn't work, then return settings back to IDE.

If you want to change to AHCI mode, then reinstall windows.
But I can't, the DVD drives are not recognizef and the SSD I have Windows 7 on is not recognized when in AHCI Mode. Even if I put it in IDE Mode, it doesn't work/is not detected.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
But I can't, the DVD drives are not recognizef and the SSD I have Windows 7 on is not recognized when in AHCI Mode. Even if I put it in IDE Mode, it doesn't work/is not detected.
All he can go by is the information you give.
From your first post.

My BIOS detects it and everything perfectly boots up when it is in IDE but in AHCI SATA nothing works

May 6, 2024
All he can go by is the information you give.
From your first post.

My BIOS detects it and everything perfectly boots up when it is in IDE but in AHCI SATA nothing works
I can give you more info, sorry for not being specific.
Motheboard: P35-DS3 rev 2.1 Gigabyte

I can give you more info, sorry for not being specific.
Motheboard: P35-DS3 rev 2.1 Gigabyte
Show screenshots from BIOS:
Standard CMOS Features​
Integrated Peripherals.​
List model names of all your storage drives and optical drives.
Which of those are SATA and which PATA?

Why do you even care about optical drives?
When was the last time you used any CD/DVDs ?
Nobody uses those (for decade already).