Ssd not working windows isn't loading help

Sneakz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
OK so here's what happened I was trying to clear some space on my Ssd so I removed the public user folder which only had a game installed on it that I don't play anymore shortly after my computer froze as I was closing some windows so I had to do a manual shut down. And when I try to turn my computer on it has a black screen with a on the bottom right corner.

After some fiddling around with satag ports/cables it no longer gets stuck there albeit it still shows up for 10s which never happened before, the problem now is that it won't boot windows I get a " reboot or select proper boot device..." I go into bios and everything is set as it should be ahci, sata ports enabled although when I first built this set up it actually said Ssd 250gb as and the optical drive in the boot order and now it only shows hard drive, uefi hard drive etc, only the optical drive shows up specifically.

Sometimes it shows uefi shell startup.nsh or whatever.

I am really concerned as I am out of ideas, I really don't want to think that the Ssd has failed and I have to buy a new one.

The mobo is a78m-e35

joex444

Distinguished
It's more likely that you borked your Windows install and need to recover. Can you boot from a USB stick or DVD containing the Windows installer and try to repair the installation?

If you can boot from *something* then it isn't a hardware problem, it's a software problem. However it's very strange that the bootup screens before the Windows loader gets executed would change as those cannot see what's on the SSD and should only change in response to new boot devices -- meaning RAID controllers, network boot options (ie, new network cards), and USB sticks.

Sneakz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
OK so I tried startup repair and it said it couldn't repair my pc, refresh my pc doesn't work because it says my drive is locked and reset my pc doesn't work because it says a required drive partition is missing.

Sneakz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I've tried start up repair but nothing works