Question SSD nv2+SSD sata or SSDnv2+HDD

Jul 31, 2024
Hi guys, i have a question, what do u think is better having a SSD nv2+SSD sata or SSDnv2 +HDD.

one is faster but the other is cheaper, do u think is worth it, couse is more fragile.

And do u think 2nd hand storage is really that bad or i can go for it?

i almost finish my build and i just have 100€

USAFRet

Titan
Hi guys, i have a question, what do u think is better having a SSD nv2+SSD sata or SSDnv2 +HDD.

one is faster but the other is cheaper, do u think is worth it, couse is more fragile.

And do u think 2nd hand storage is really that bad or i can go for it?

i almost finish my build and i just have 100€
All my house systems have been SSD only for several years.

The question comes down to how much space do you need, and what do you want to pay for it?

The cool thing about "storage" is that you can add/expand as time and budget goes on.
What you buy today does not have to be the final config.

What drive sizes/types are you considering?

2nd hand drives? Only if they were in the $5 range.

Faster vs cheaper means the decision rests on what you will use it for. If you are going to be running large games like GTA V, you'll be sorry doing that with a HDD. One the other hand, if you don't play large like that then you can get by with a HDD. It also matters how much TOTAL storage you might reasonably need. A large HDD is cheap but you'll feel dumb if you buy one and never use more than 50% of the space. If you get an SSD that's for example 1tb storage but later realize you actually need at least 2tb storage, you'll also feel dumb. So do a little thinking. Not just about what you need right now, but what you might possibly be needing in the near future. Keep in mind that new top tier games are getting larger and larger in size.