Question SSD Speeds Slower All of a Sudden

seekdoesgames

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
Loading times for games and other apps installed on my SSD have increased significantly practically instantly. As well as this, when loading games, task manager shows the disk usage as 50% whether it reads 7MB/s or 650MB/s usage. The model of the SSD is the Sandisk SD8SB8U-128G

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Loading times for games and other apps installed on my SSD have increased significantly practically instantly. As well as this, when loading games, task manager shows the disk usage as 50% whether it reads 7MB/s or 650MB/s usage. The model of the SSD is the Sandisk SD8SB8U-128G
First port of call - have you ran an in-depth full virus scan?
Are you running any overclocks at all?
Have you run an SSD Trim?
Have you monitored temps?

seekdoesgames

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
I ran a malwarebytes threat scan earlier - quarantined everything found, no joy there.
Not running any overclocks and haven't previously.
Not sure what an SSD Trim is so probably not.
Temperatures seem normal (hovering at 30-40 degrees Celcius when loading games)

seekdoesgames

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
So, I ran both SSDLife and CrystalDiskInfo. SSDLife says my drive is in excellent health (100%) whereas CrystalDiskInfo says my drive is in bad health.
I don't really know what anything on the huge list of things means but there is a red dot next to "Uncorrectable Soft Read Error Rate" as well as "Vendor Specific" on CrystalDiskInfo.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
My SSD ran fast to start with and then slowed down. I think it has something to do with windows HDD scratch memory kicking in. I have 32G of V fast DDR3 so would not need the hard disk temporary storage.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
So, I ran both SSDLife and CrystalDiskInfo. SSDLife says my drive is in excellent health (100%) whereas CrystalDiskInfo says my drive is in bad health.
I don't really know what anything on the huge list of things means but there is a red dot next to "Uncorrectable Soft Read Error Rate" as well as "Vendor Specific" on CrystalDiskInfo.

I'd suggest you download HD Sentinel from here and check SMART health status of the drive with it.

If you can take a screen shot of the SMART tab of the drive in HD Sentinel and upload somewhere and post link here.