News SSD Usage In Starfield Is Causing Stuttering Issues: Report

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Game pauses and stuttering with voice/video not synching is pretty bad at times. And people who think it's about not having enough RAM or not a fast enough SSD drives are wrong. I am running a 4090 with 64GB or low latency fast DDR5 RAM as well as Gen5 SSD. Runs really fast and smooth at times and looks good then suddenly a brick wall and then it's suddenly gone again. It actually crashed once during a bad round of stuttering while approaching a small civilian settlement. Stuttering at the beginning of a big pirate fight is the worst. You aim and about to shoot surprise round and boom pause and stuttering and you're aim and action is all off. You are tacking damage.

Like all games & apps too, updates will appear after they have been out in the 'wild' for a while.
...its bethesda.
they dont fix their games (skyrim even the hd version STILL had issues that 1st had)

they make users do it for them.

and even then some stuff is not within people power to do when its core optimization issues or how the game uses hardware liek ssd.

and even then ignoring that the game still has nothing to make it "next gen needing near top of the line stuff to run".
its entirely brute forcing throguh it due to not beign optimized thus needing high end hardware.

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
...its bethesda.
they dont fix their games (skyrim even the hd version STILL had issues that 1st had)

they make users do it for them.

and even then some stuff is not within people power to do when its core optimization issues or how the game uses hardware liek ssd.

and even then ignoring that the game still has nothing to make it "next gen needing near top of the line stuff to run".
its entirely brute forcing throguh it due to not beign optimized thus needing high end hardware.
In my post I was not indicating where the updates will come from. USP (Unofficial Starfield Patch) is in the works for sure, just like they (the community) did with Skyrim & FO4. Has been this way with Bethesda for decades already. Nexus mods will have plenty of contributors working on optimization 'mods' no doubt.
The internet is full of arguments about the why's & why nots of Bethesda producing a perfect open world game for many many moons already. I'm not gong there, the product is what it is.