Question SSD Write speed very slow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Hi!
My SSD's Write speed is kinda slow and the average response time is insanely high.

340 GB free of 475 GB

This usually happens when I go below 260 GB free storage, but this is happening now always

image.png

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
390 GB free of 475 GB

I deleted Fortnite and now and the speeds are now better
asd.png

The problem is that I want a few games to be on my SSD and not on my HDD.
I don't understand this, but if I launch the same game on HDD, it is faster if it were on SSD (with slow speeds)

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
So, new updates..

There was a sticker on the SSD, and when I removed it, the SSD's temperature dropped by 10 degrees Celsius.

However, the performance remains the same.

Sep 8, 2024
I have the same issue with this SSD in my work laptop (a HP Elitebook I received in October 2023 - less than 12 months ago).

Performance is terrible, Samsung Magician is reporting 110MB/s write, Passmark is reporting 126MB/s write (read speeds are fine).

If you look at the Passmark reporting for this drive, there is a massive variance in scores, and if you delve further into the individual reports, those with high scores have the expected 1GB/s write, but most others have 1/10th of this write performance

https://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd.php?hdd=SAMSUNG MZVLQ512HBLU-00BH1&id=29539

Ultimately we can conclude this is a bad model of drive - it's not just the OP and myself with this issue, but likely most of these drives out there, it's just that when deployed in business laptops (NB: it's an OEM drive), the users don't realise that this is a problem and just bear with it.