hawler

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Hi guys, I've got a kinda of odd question here. Can this PU be considered stable for everyday use/gaming?

Here's the deal, I OCed my e6750 2.66GHz (8x333) to 3.7GHz (8x462) and ran Orthos for over a day...temps reached 52-57 degrees on load, 30-35 on idle, depending on the application used to measure them. After over a day of stress testing I came back to my computer and forgot I had the stress test running (cause I'm stupid like that) and decided transcode a movie...and discovered that (again because I'm stupid) I forgot to turn off the MyMovies service with transcode360 service so someone was streaming a video to my 360 at the same time so really it was transcoding two movies. This finally made the CPU crash which I know is a bad thing, but I can't seem to make it crash again, not in a stress test and not in gaming.

So my question is you guys think I can consider that stable and just move on to OCing my RAM and videocard now or you think I should back it off just a bit?

pingu12

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
Transcoding 2 movies with a stress test running at the same time, and it crashed, i think that is pretty understandable. And yes in my opinion if u ran Orthos for over a day and no errors that is stable!