Standard Opteron 165 Temps?

EllisD420

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I just got one yesterday. I didnt run it at stock at all, im dual priming it right now and my temps got as high as 54C at full load @ 2.17Ghz (370Mhz overclock) with the stock cooler. So i figure max load temps at stock should be under 50C. You should also check what the idle temps are in your bios cause i know mine (ASRock 939Dual) reads 3-4C higher in windows than in the bios, so i just add 3-4C to any temperature reader value in windows. If you start breaking 60-65C at full load i would consider applying some AS5, reseating your HSF, and see what they are after that. If still hitting 60C, i would consider a new HSF.

zodiacboyscorp

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
Lum - What kind of heat are you getting. I really want to overclock however I'm scared and want to make sure everything is good before I void warranty.

Second question would changing the CPU stick to Artic Silver 5 void warranty. (I mean before any overclocking is done.)

Currently getting up to 29-37C temps on stock

Trying to figure the temp room to be safe still.

I want to get 2.4 on stock voltage and stop their eventually.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
He couldn't get rid of DVD and myself so he gave up :wink:

Just kidding of course ...

Sadly, I have a life outside here... Real busy right now.. working night shift ... cannot hunt as much as I want to ... :wink: dont worry pat i'll hunt for you if you want :wink: