Question Start Menu will not open

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Running latest version of Windows 10.
Using the windows key will not open the start menu, or anything else when clicking on it. Switching to another user account and it works fine.
I've run DISM, SCANNOW, SFC, restrted explorer, added a registry key and nothing works.
I'm wondering if when another user tried to open some vid from some site caused the problem. I window claiming to be windows security along with a toll free number opened when she tried to run the vid which I immediately whacked.
What now? Beside switching to Linux or Windows 7 when it just WORKED.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
USAFRet - Can't say I blame you. I was able to find a restore point that fixed the problem. With my better half's history with computers, I could bring down the world just by letting her use a computer.

Make a single admin account on the system and never log into it unless necessary

Make every other account a standard user, that way nothing can be installed unless your enter the Admin user name and password. That will stop 99% of installing stuff you shouldn't and any accidental webpages trying to install junk without your knowledge.

Reactions: USAFRet

USAFRet

Titan
Make a single admin account on the system and never log into it unless necessary

Make every other account a standard user, that way nothing can be installed unless your enter the Admin user name and password. That will stop 99% of installing stuff you shouldn't and any accidental webpages trying to install junk without your knowledge.
Exactly how all my house systems are set up.