James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Turning on Computer it goes to then it goes to the choose operating system,
then the Windows logo apears.. It never goes to the blue screen saying
or mouse pointer. Ive tried booting up in safe mode, the same effects happen
with the exception of the words, SAFE MODE, in all 4 corners, as it would
normally booting in safe mode. There is no ICONS, the task bar and start
menu are not present in either situation. If anyone has any ideas please
post here or email me at jameswilliamson945@hotmail.com

Hi

Have you tried 'Last Known Good Configuration' - same screen as the access
to Safe Mode?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Turning on Computer it goes to then it goes to the choose operating
> system,
> then the Windows logo apears.. It never goes to the blue screen saying
> curser,
> or mouse pointer. Ive tried booting up in safe mode, the same effects
> happen
> with the exception of the words, SAFE MODE, in all 4 corners, as it would
> normally booting in safe mode. There is no ICONS, the task bar and start
> menu are not present in either situation. If anyone has any ideas please
> post here or email me at jameswilliamson945@hotmail.com

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes, i have tried startup using "Last known good configuration" its the same
results as before.
"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have you tried 'Last Known Good Configuration' - same screen as the access
> to Safe Mode?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Turning on Computer it goes to then it goes to the choose operating
> > system,
> > then the Windows logo apears.. It never goes to the blue screen saying
> > curser,
> > or mouse pointer. Ive tried booting up in safe mode, the same effects
> > happen
> > with the exception of the words, SAFE MODE, in all 4 corners, as it would
> > normally booting in safe mode. There is no ICONS, the task bar and start
> > menu are not present in either situation. If anyone has any ideas please
> > post here or email me at jameswilliamson945@hotmail.com

Hi

If you can't access Windows using any of theose options, you will have to
look towards a 'Repair' install of XP. Please have a look at the following
article by Michael Stevens:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

> Yes, i have tried startup using "Last known good configuration" its the
> same
> results as before.
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Have you tried 'Last Known Good Configuration' - same screen as the
>> access
>> to Safe Mode?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Turning on Computer it goes to then it goes to the choose operating
>> > system,
>> > then the Windows logo apears.. It never goes to the blue screen saying
>> > curser,
>> > or mouse pointer. Ive tried booting up in safe mode, the same effects
>> > happen
>> > with the exception of the words, SAFE MODE, in all 4 corners, as it
>> > would
>> > normally booting in safe mode. There is no ICONS, the task bar and
>> > start
>> > menu are not present in either situation. If anyone has any ideas
>> > please
>> > post here or email me at jameswilliamson945@hotmail.com

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your time and the URL. I believe that is exactly what I will
have to do to resolve this issue. I was hoping that I wouldnt have to
because i have several programs and family pictures stored on it. However,
if thats the only option I have, I guess I will have to do it.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If you can't access Windows using any of theose options, you will have to
> look towards a 'Repair' install of XP. Please have a look at the following
> article by Michael Stevens:
>
> "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Yes, i have tried startup using "Last known good configuration" its the
> > same
> > results as before.
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Have you tried 'Last Known Good Configuration' - same screen as the
> >> access
> >> to Safe Mode?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Please note that reinstalling Windows does not affect anything other than
Windows itself. Nonetheless, it's always a good idea to backup before
performing any kind of repair to your system.

--
Ted Zieglar

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your time and the URL. I believe that is exactly what I
will
> have to do to resolve this issue. I was hoping that I wouldnt have to
> because i have several programs and family pictures stored on it.
However,
> if thats the only option I have, I guess I will have to do it.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > If you can't access Windows using any of theose options, you will have
> > look towards a 'Repair' install of XP. Please have a look at the
following
> > article by Michael Stevens:
> >
> > "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"
> > http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >

> > "JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Yes, i have tried startup using "Last known good configuration" its
the
> > > same
> > > results as before.

Hi

A 'Repair' install should retain your settings, files and programs and be
able to access them afterwards.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your time and the URL. I believe that is exactly what I
> will
> have to do to resolve this issue. I was hoping that I wouldnt have to
> because i have several programs and family pictures stored on it.
> However,
> if thats the only option I have, I guess I will have to do it.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> If you can't access Windows using any of theose options, you will have to
>> look towards a 'Repair' install of XP. Please have a look at the
>> following
>> article by Michael Stevens:
>>
>> "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"
>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "JAMES" <JAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Yes, i have tried startup using "Last known good configuration" its the
>> > same
>> > results as before.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you, i will try that. Will it have an option just for a repair install?