Question Static In Audio with New Motherboard

Jul 5, 2023
I have a build of MSI Z170A Gaming M7, GTX 1650, and an Intel I5-7400. I recently upgraded my motherboard from a Lubin 82F2 To the MSI and went form Onboard graphics to the 1650. But now I have static in my headphones whenever audio plays, I didn't have an issue beforehand. I tried reinstalling and deleting audio drivers, using a splitter cable, trying both front and back audio jacks. Nothing works, I even reinstalled windows, both from my PC and from a USB stick. Nothing helped. I'm starting to think its interference on the Motherboard. Someone suggested to me to get a USB dac.......No idea where to even start, it's all so confusing. Especially pricey if I'm even looking at the right things. I'd rather not return this motherboard because it took over 2 weeks to ship (Im not full of $$$ so I can't upgrade my CPU for a better MB) so is there anything I can do? Would an Audio Card help? or maybe im missing some step that could fix this static issue? It only happens when there is audio going above 80% of my headsets volume. It doesn't happen when plugged into my monitor, only when using ANY of my audio jacks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recently upgraded my motherboard from a Lubin 82F2 To the MSI and went form Onboard graphics to the 1650
Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard/platform swap?

Lubin 82F2
Might want to mention the HP prebuilt's model and SKU so we can further understand what you have to work with. On a side note, how old is the PSU in your build?

Jul 5, 2023
I recently upgraded my motherboard from a Lubin 82F2 To the MSI and went form Onboard graphics to the 1650
Did you reinstall the OS after the motherboard/platform swap?

Lubin 82F2
Might want to mention the HP prebuilt's model and SKU so we can further understand what you have to work with. On a side note, how old is the PSU in your build?
Yes I reinstalled Windows 10 both through my PC, and after a USB stick since the first time didn't fix any issues, neither did through a USB Stick. the HP prebuilt model/Sku was 570-p026 DT PC US, I couldn't find it myself a few months ago when looking at HP's support site so im not sure where it would be. For my PSU I recently upgraded it before getting new parts, its a Corsair RME 750e 80plus gold Fully Modular.

just want to point out I've upgraded every part from that HP prebuilt besides the RAM.

(edit) found the prebuilt, guess they uploaded it after I submitted a request to HP. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05496611

TRENDING THREADS