Steam/Origin/etc. with OS on SSD

F35FLYER

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
Just installed the SSD a little over a week ago now. I have been looking up before forum posts on what I should install where and while that gave good advice, I still have two questions.

1) Should I install my Steam, Origin, Uplay and the whole lot on my SSD like normal?
Not sure if this is the best route or if it would be better for the games to go onto one of my HDDs with 2TB or 3TB of storage.

2) Should I even bother installing any games on my SSD?
I already have the Battlefield Hardline Beta installed on my SSD to see how it would perform on it (loads a map in LESS than 3 SECONDS! fyi), but after installing my SSD I have read several suggestions saying to not use more than 75% of my SSD storage. I have also heard that the hassle of installing select games on the SSD is not worth the slight performance boost as games running on the platter drive still load faster if the platter drive is not busy doing anything else at the same time.

Basically those two questions but any other advice thrown my way will be useful. I have never really worked with an SSD before beyond installing an OS and Google Chrome on it before.

Thanks in advance to all who respond :)

Solution
I have Origin on my 256GB SSD, and it works because you can change the directory of the installed game through the options menu. I don't know if Steam does this.

As far as Origin, go for it. Just be sure to change the directory to which one you want before every download/install.

chrisb99

Reputable
May 13, 2014
i have steam origin and uplay on my sdd and my most played steam game and most played uplay game on my sdd wich is CS:GO and The Crew. i have 20 games on my hdd. i have noticed a big speed difference in launching my games on the ssd vs hdd

Brillis Wuce

Distinguished
I have Origin on my 256GB SSD, and it works because you can change the directory of the installed game through the options menu. I don't know if Steam does this.

As far as Origin, go for it. Just be sure to change the directory to which one you want before every download/install.

Solution