[SOLVED] SteelSeries Arctis 5 | How to fix speaker/headphone/thing that won't rotate easily?

Feb 1, 2020
I don't know what to call it, but it's the entire headphone (cup?) that covers the ear, the part where it's rotatable and stuff doesn't do it as easily now. (I sat on it for a split second, and I'm not a heavy person, after that it's hard to turn that side.) Worried it's not fixable, or it'll get worse. I'm not good at fixing things like this.

0rgtjAh.png

Solution
Take a regular graphic (aka "lead") pencil.

Try scribbling, drawing, writing on the crack following the lines of the crack.

The objective being to get some graphic (the carbon that is really the "lead" in the pencil) down into the rotational crack.

The graphic should lubricate the joint and free up the movement.

You can buy powered graphic (often used for keys/locks) but those little tubes can be expensive, difficult to work with, and very messy.

May take several applications to work the graphic down into the joint. Be patient, take your time. Work the graphic into the joint.

And do not sit on the earphones any more. Something else may give....

Ralston18

Titan
Take a regular graphic (aka "lead") pencil.

Try scribbling, drawing, writing on the crack following the lines of the crack.

The objective being to get some graphic (the carbon that is really the "lead" in the pencil) down into the rotational crack.

The graphic should lubricate the joint and free up the movement.

You can buy powered graphic (often used for keys/locks) but those little tubes can be expensive, difficult to work with, and very messy.

May take several applications to work the graphic down into the joint. Be patient, take your time. Work the graphic into the joint.

And do not sit on the earphones any more. Something else may give....

Solution