Still Haven't Received Windows 10 Upgrade??

iccowan

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
So from what I've heard, everyone has already recieved their Windows 10 upgrade. I haven't been worried about it because everything I have works just fine with Windows 8.1, but I decided to upgrade and it says I haven't recieved the upgrade yet!! I again am not too worried about this because Windows 8.1 is working fine for now, but I need to get Windows 10 before it's too late (Windows drops support for Windows 8.1). I know this will not happen soon, but still I would like to upgrade ASAP. Thanks for any suggestions!

Below are images of the "Get Windows 10" thing in the toolbar.

Main Page:
elogMSf.png

System Requirement Check:
wu2eYgH.png

Upgrade Reservation:
zsRLi62.png

Again, thank you for any suggestions!

I recommend the Media Creation Tool as suggested above:

0) Have a Microsoft e-mail and password handy (i.e. msn or hotmail I think works fine)

1) Download the tool for the 64-bit version

2) Choose "other PC" option to download ISO image

3) Burn the image to DVD or USB thumb drive (can use Imgburn for DVD, or Rufus for thumb drive)

4) Unhook any other HDD/SSD than OS prior to install is recommended

5) Start Install from within Windows (the Setup.exe file)

6) select the option to download updates

7) Finish
*may fail and rollback though... if that happens you'll want to use the NEW method of installing below though as said I'm not sure if we can do that yet.

8) Reinstall any drivers if needed

9) Optional: for the upgrade method, you may wish to consider a CLEAN INSTALL after upgrading to Windows 10. Simply insert the Install media and boot to it (change BIOS boot order if needed). Do not enter any serial numbers. Finish the install, update drivers and add new programs. At start of Install I recommend DELETING all data off the drive (again to avoid issues leave other drives unhooked).

Other:
Microsoft is releasing or has released a new ISO this month which can allow you to boot DIRECTLY to the install media and do a CLEAN INSTALL by entering in your valid W7 or W8 serial during the install process.

That is the IDEAL method, though it is a clean install thus you need to plan accordingly to backup your data, and plan for reinstall of programs etc

(Not sure where it confirms the new ISO image... the one in the following is from the fast or slow track not an official RTM version most people would use):
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/activating-windows-10-how-it-works-under-microsofts-new-rules/