Stop Errors....

G

I just built a sweet computer, had everytinhg running fine, now all of a sudden i get stop errors 0x0000007B and 0xC0000221..... i tried uninstalling my promise ultra 100 controller (built into A7V mobo). that didnt help, and now it tried to install it for WinMe when ever i go into safe mode.......

damn, as im typing this i get one for (im on another pc) c000026c

doczenith1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try the ata66 controller and see what happens. The ata100 controller is only slightly faster than the ata66 controller as todays hard drives max out at around 33mb/s sustained transfer. Only during burst reads will the ata100 be faster.

G

actaully the boot ide device it was actaully refering to was the Superdisk i had...... and after unplugging it i figured this out..... now i have to get a new one because someone toyed with my power cord and when i went to boot it was smoking and crackling...... No biggie, it wouldnt install right, hopefully a newer one will work better...... the one i had was originally an external that i hacked into an internal..... i've had that one since Superdisk's first came out