[SOLVED] Strange Buzzing Coming from PSU / Graphics Card Area

Aug 31, 2020
Around 25% of the time under heavy load (and usually for a few minutes after) I will hear a strange electric buzzing coming from the general area of where the PSU / graphics card is. I don't know what coil whine or loose fans sound like, but I'd assume that's it? I highly doubt it's from a hard drive, as it is located on the other side of the case from my PSU.

Solution
I'd almost guarentee you that it is coil whine. An easy way to check is to turn off all FPS limiters and go into a Games menu screen or pre-game lobby. I have a bit of coil whine myself but only noticed it when I put my computer on my desk when I reformated my room. I can only really hear it being loud when I am in the garage of World of Tanks.
I'd almost guarentee you that it is coil whine. An easy way to check is to turn off all FPS limiters and go into a Games menu screen or pre-game lobby. I have a bit of coil whine myself but only noticed it when I put my computer on my desk when I reformated my room. I can only really hear it being loud when I am in the garage of World of Tanks.

Solution