Strange Hibernate Prob

G

I want to get quicker bootup times, so I was trying to get the hibernate feature working the other day. When I click hibernate the 'Preparing your computer....' message comes up, then it appears to power down for a second. The fans spin down and everything, but then it powers on again and proceeds to resume from hibernation without a hitch. Any ideas?

Specs:
1.33GHz Athlon + Globalwin FOP-32
ASUS A7M266
300W PSU
256MB DDR RAM CL2.5
ASUS V8200 Deluxe GeForce 3
IBM 30GB Deskstar 75GXP
SB Live! 5.1
USB M$ Explorer mouse
40x TEAC CDROM (IDE)
D-Link DFE530TX NIC

G

I noticed you have a SB Live! 5.1 soundcard in your setup. I have a SB Live! 5.1 xp Gamer and when I try to enable hibernation on my system the log file generated by the failure says the Creative SB drivers (newest versions) aren't compatible with the hibernation feature. In WinME I just typed Power Management Troubleshooter in the Windows Help search box and proceeded to go through the steps listed to find the log file. There isn't much you can do unless you can get Creative to change their drivers:(

G

Actually there is a way round that. Windows ME can use WDM drivers designed for Windows 2000, so you can install the drivers in \Audio\English\Wdmdrv on the CD (which are compatible with hibernation) instead of the Win9x drivers and this will enable hibernation.

If you do this and have the same problem please let me know, although I think its a mobo problem.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by berg on 07/09/01 12:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>