Question Strange issue (people hear my computer even when mic is unplugged and stereomix disabled)

yaniv382

Reputable
Jun 6, 2017
Hi everyone, i hope you could help me i am so confused with what's happening
when i talk on discord or in game with people they can hear my computer (very quietly) the thing is that stereo mix is disabled and i dont have any softwares installed that might do that i have tried unplugging my headset and only leaving Y splitter connected
and put the computer volume to 0 somehow people can still hear sounds from my house/pc but very very quietly i do not understand whats going on is the splitter acting as a microphone is there an issue with my house grounding? something is so wrong and i cannot figure out why

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
When you say "hear my computer", do you mean static? If so, it could be from the Y-splitter.

What are usually connected to the Y-splitter?

Have you tried Connecting your headset (w/ built-in mic) directly without the Y-splitter?

yaniv382

Reputable
Jun 6, 2017
When you say "hear my computer", do you mean static? If so, it could be from the Y-splitter.

What are usually connected to the Y-splitter?

Have you tried Connecting your headset (w/ built-in mic) directly without the Y-splitter?

I mean that they can hear sounds like music
And its not about the splitter even putting like an aux cable or just really anything that activates the port on the pc to make it as available source lets it transmit sound if there was a hidden mic that records quietly, but there isnt anything

yaniv382

Reputable
Jun 6, 2017
I mean that they can hear sounds like music
And its not about the splitter even putting like an aux cable or just really anything that activates the port on the pc to make it as available source lets it transmit sound if there was a hidden mic that records quietly, but there isnt anything
i did try connecting it without a splitter and many other test's, first i thought sound leaks from the drivers to the microphone through my ears but then i unplugged the microphone from the headset and people could still hear music im playing on my computer which was so odd since i have nothing enabled (software wise) on my computer such as stereo mix and other programs..

TRENDING THREADS