Question Strange issue, screen goes black and unresponsive keyboard and mouse lights go out but all the leds in the computer remain the same.

Nov 12, 2020
So the issue I'm having it that my screen goes black and unresponsive almost randomly. (Sometimes before I even get to the log in some times a few minutes after.) When it goes black the LEDs on my mouse and keyboard also go out but my computer LEDs all stay the same. All running processes stop, I tested with discord. But if I am able to open up a game (horizon zero dawn or lol) it seems to postpone until I close the game. I've tried putting in a new psu and that did nothing and cant make heads or tails of the event viewer.
Specs:
R7 2700x
Rtx 2060 super
Mobo: asrock b450m steel legend
Psu: evga 650

Nov 12, 2020
what power plan are you running in win 10? AMD Ryzen balanced? Do you have access to Ryzen high performance as it sounds like a power issue.

Try updating bios and AMD chipset drivers as well. Although with your CPU that is only version 2.50 as all above say not to use it with your CPU

https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m steel legend/#BIOS

I am running high performance, and my bios is 2.90. Should I be using 2.50 also it has black screen while a game is open.