Strange plane behaviour

In err FS 2004, i ;let the plane go up to 56, 000 FT on autopilot the
turned off auto pilot the plane had been flying for 5 hours when
turning the wheel the response went through much uicker and the plane
went CRAZY.

It was flipping everywhere and droipping thousands of feet in seconds!!

I managed to correct this but it was hard.

Is this a fault with the game or is it normal for odd things like this
to happen flying over 50, 000 ft??

Arthur

Unless you're flying the Concorde, none of the planes on FS2004 are designed
to fly at 56,000 feet. The Lear can be safely flown at 50,000 feet but it's
not the best idea. The air at that altitude is very thin with very little
oxygen to support the flight controls. You may want to check the statistics
for each plane to learn it's top ceiling. One more thing, most of the jet
airliners will go crazy once the AP is turned off at normal speeds. They
are designed to fly with the AP on unless you are a REALLY GOOD pilot. Good
Luck.

Arthur

"jason69uk" <jason69uk@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> In err FS 2004, i ;let the plane go up to 56, 000 FT on autopilot the
> turned off auto pilot the plane had been flying for 5 hours when
> turning the wheel the response went through much uicker and the plane
> went CRAZY.
>
> It was flipping everywhere and droipping thousands of feet in seconds!!
>

> I managed to correct this but it was hard.
>
> Is this a fault with the game or is it normal for odd things like this
> to happen flying over 50, 000 ft??

"jason69uk" <jason69uk@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> In err FS 2004, i ;let the plane go up to 56, 000 FT on autopilot the
> turned off auto pilot the plane had been flying for 5 hours when
> turning the wheel the response went through much uicker and the plane
> went CRAZY.
>
> It was flipping everywhere and droipping thousands of feet in seconds!!

The same thing can be done if you fly the Bell helicopter straight up. At
first, everything seems normal and then the thing goes, as you said, "CRAZY"
:). Even after turning the engine off, the thing never stops going crazy!

Cheers for the replies fellas.

This plane was a Boeing 747 i think it was landmark airlines.

Yeah left it going while i went out for 5 hours or so.
Took it straight off auto pilot steered round and boom..it steered 10
times faster than normal, responses went through really quickly and the
plane span and span and eventuammly dropped down to 24, 000 ft.

I had gone off that pink line to direct me to Brazil and was trying to
stay on it.

Anyway this 'Strange Behaviour' it is normal for the Boeing to do that
at that height isnt it? And not a fault with XP or the game then?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I asked this before so no responses probably means no one knows. :)

Since hooking up my CH Quad Throttle I have deleted the assignments to
my 3 levers on my CH Yoke.

It seems if it's possible to assign panning to one of the levers would
allow some accurate panning to view left-center-right and back. I'm
looking into doing it now but thought if someone says it can't be done
it would save me some time. I could devote that time to flying, or
downloading, or not. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Arthur

Very interesting, Jason.....I didn't know what the past tense for spin
is...seems it's 'span' there. In the rest of the world, I think it's
'spun'. Regardless, we got the idea : )

Yes...as I said in my reply to you, these airliners are not designed to fly
much above 35,000 feet. The Concorde was exceptional as it cruised at
60,000 feet and there are some military planes which fly from 80 to 100,000
feet. Also, it's not wise to fly them at altitude without using the
autopilot. If you wish to change your eading, either change the heading
number on the AP or click the 'heading' button only and you can steer the
plane without it going crazy.

I don't believe there's anything wrong with your computer or program.

Cheers,

> Cheers for the replies fellas.
>
> This plane was a Boeing 747 i think it was landmark airlines.
>
> Yeah left it going while i went out for 5 hours or so.
> Took it straight off auto pilot steered round and boom..it steered 10
> times faster than normal, responses went through really quickly and the
> plane span and span and eventuammly dropped down to 24, 000 ft.
>
> I had gone off that pink line to direct me to Brazil and was trying to
> stay on it.
>
> Anyway this 'Strange Behaviour' it is normal for the Boeing to do that
> at that height isnt it? And not a fault with XP or the game then?

Thank you for correcting my grammar or grammer??

Anyway, is this normal for the Boeing 747?

sorry ignore this post

cheers for the help by the way

which plane?

A Cessna 172 won't do as well at 50,000ft as a 747-400 which won't do as
well as an SR71

"Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
which plane?

A Cessna 172 won't do as well at 50,000ft as a 747-400 which won't
do as well as an SR71

Excuse me... Is there a SR71 available for MSFS? I *loved* the SR71
under Chuck Yeager's flight simulator.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

steveh

"BillW50" <BillW50@aol.kom> wrote in message

"Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
which plane?

A Cessna 172 won't do as well at 50,000ft as a 747-400 which won't
do as well as an SR71

Excuse me... Is there a SR71 available for MSFS? I *loved* the SR71
under Chuck Yeager's flight simulator.

Cheers!

Yep, AlphaSim do (or certainly did) one.

SteveH

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:00:49 GMT

> Excuse me... Is there a SR71 available for MSFS? I *loved* the SR71
> under Chuck Yeager's flight simulator.

Yep, AlphaSim do (or certainly did) one.

Hi SteveH... Was it any good? Under Chuck Yeager's FS, I could blast
straight up until somewhere around 100,000 feet. And it was so cool! As
you had this beautiful blue sky and the higher and higher you got, the
darker and darker the sky got. Then finally the sky was pitch black and
you could see all of the stars during the day.

But then it just ran out of steam. Then it would fall like a rock and
all of the controls were now basically worthless. And I would always get
this feeling of complete helplessness. And the SR71 would generally
start to tumble like a piece of trash falling from the sky.

Now I'm trying everything I can think of. Flipping switches and
everything. Nothing is working and you're completely helpless! And the
view out of the window is making you dizzy. What a weird feeling! Then
somewhere like 65,000 feet, you started to regain control once again.
Although not well at first, but the lower you got, the better the
controls were. Man! What a ride! I really miss it. <grin>

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:37:15 GMT, BillW50 wrote:

> Excuse me... Is there a SR71 available for MSFS? I *loved* the SR71
> under Chuck Yeager's flight simulator.

PSS had a free one for a long time...it didn't come with a dragchute, but
it's ceiling was FL1000. (which is also the max. ceiling in the sim!)

That thing flew like a bat outta hell....zip-zap-zing and you're on the
other side of an ocean. Navigation is a little trickier, a go-around is
next to impossible for an untrained simpilot (like myself) and landing
takes some thinking.

But what a ride!! :)

--

Marcel
(...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

as soon as i stalled and the plane went vertical, it went crazy!!

this is normal aswell??