Strange Programs

fred

I have recently acquired two strange programs. I'm asking if these programs
should be on my comp. and what are they for.
Computer with windowsxp, home addition.
Odd Programs :
Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KE873374)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Description of the Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool: September 14, 2004
;873374]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];873374

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885055

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:OAtvbEGnEHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Fred <frlang@flash.net> hunted and pecked:
> I have recently acquired two strange programs. I'm asking if these
> programs should be on my comp. and what are they for.
> Computer with windowsxp, home addition.
> Odd Programs :
> Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KE873374)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Description of the Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool: September 14, 2004
;873374]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];873374

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885055

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:OAtvbEGnEHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Fred <frlang@flash.net> hunted and pecked:
> I have recently acquired two strange programs. I'm asking if these
> programs should be on my comp. and what are they for.
> Computer with windowsxp, home addition.
> Odd Programs :
> Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KE873374)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

Description of the Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool: September 14, 2004
;873374]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];873374

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885055

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:OAtvbEGnEHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Fred <frlang@flash.net> hunted and pecked:
> I have recently acquired two strange programs. I'm asking if these
> programs should be on my comp. and what are they for.
> Computer with windowsxp, home addition.
> Odd Programs :
> Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KE873374)
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

fred

Hi Wess, got your info. Rather confusing tho.
Re the Microsoft GDI + Detection tool, the way I read it its telling me how
to download Microsoft Framework... I have a critical download message in
update down load section on these two programs.
However, none of the two articles tells me what Net Framework does or what
its for.
The Detection tool says it applies to Net framework, but none of the other
applicants it names are on my computer.
Any other info is appreciated.

> Description of the Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool: September 14, 2004
> ;873374]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];873374
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885055
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:OAtvbEGnEHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Fred <frlang@flash.net> hunted and pecked:
>> I have recently acquired two strange programs. I'm asking if these
>> programs should be on my comp. and what are they for.
>> Computer with windowsxp, home addition.
>> Odd Programs :
>> Microsoft GDI + Detection Tool (KE873374)
>> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

What Is .NET?
http://www.microsoft.com/net/basics/

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028
Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-028.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes