Question Strange/Unknown pixel issue, bottom left of the monitor

enragingmind

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2012
I have spotted this inconsistency at the bottom left corner of my monitor, it has been there for a while, the strange thing is that it follows the pattern of windows 10's task bar??? (type here to search and a hollow dot with a black outline at it's left) I'm sure it is from the monitor, I have connected it to other PCs the same issue is present
The inconsistent spot appears and disappears in different colors (it doesn't show in pure white and black)
The monitor model is a BENQ XL2730Z.

Link to the Pictures :
View: https://imgur.com/a/fX6wgBL

Could someone decently informed about monitors tell me the nature of this issue and how to fix it?, I would greatly appreciate.

iaminsensible

Proper
Jan 1, 2019
The 2nd picture is the monitor closed or with a black background? If it is closed then I am guessing your monitor broke there, if it is on then you are dealing with some good old dead pixels.

enragingmind

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2012
@iaminsensible
the black screen is a black background, I changed my windows to genuine one, also upgraded to a new version of windows 10, also used a stuck pixel app (screen flashing with different colors), and it got better and better through hours lol!
I cannot spot it anymore, hopefully it won't come back too.

iaminsensible

Proper
Jan 1, 2019
@iaminsensible
the black screen is a black background, I changed my windows to genuine one, also upgraded to a new version of windows 10, also used a stuck pixel app (screen flashing with different colors), and it got better and better through hours lol!
I cannot spot it anymore, hopefully it won't come back too.

You are one lucky lad. It seems that those pixels weren't adjusted or something like that...? It may reappear in the future but stress testing the monitor might get them fixed next time as well.