Question Streams/videos I watch on second monitor stutters when playing games

Rasmus9100

Commendable
Jul 11, 2021
Hello, I've had this problem which has been bugging me for quite a while now. I recently bought a new pc, but whenever I have a stream running on my secondary monitor and a game running on the main one and the game is focused, then the stream starts stuttering and goes down to something which seems like 5 fps. The sound is fine on the stream, but the picture isnt. I dont know what to do, as I've been troubleshooting for the past few days with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated. I should note that my old pc had no issues with this, and I am running an NVIDIA GPU on both, and use the same cables for connecting the monitors.

Main monitor is running on 165hz and the second is running on 60hz. I have tried matching the hz on both, but that doesnt seem to help at all.

I've also configured with alot of different settings in the Nvidia control panel to no avail, but maybe someone out there has got a neat little fix which I may have missed.

I'm running a 4070 TI GPU and an Intel I9-13900KF processor on the new system.

BTW, I do not know if this is the right forum for this sort of question, bvut I have no idea what causes this issue, so I just decided to send it.

Rasmus9100

Commendable
Jul 11, 2021
Could it be an internet bandwidth issue?
Maybe, possibly. Would you know how I could check if it was somehow? I have done a speed test, and it showed no signs of any problems whatsoever, I dont know if that helps. And I am not having any trouble loading into online servers in all games, and the videos are loading fine too, with maximum resolution.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am making certain assumption on my own part concerning the source of your movie and gameplay being also based online.

Do you have any games that are purely local such that it would not be using bandwidth while trying to stream to see if the video stutter stops? Perhaps even the other way around in a situation like on Netflix where you can 'download for later' viewing and see if being on a local source changes the performance.

Are there other people in the household using PC/phone/internet at the same time? Are you on a type of internet where local traffic in your area is 'shared' (such as with cable internet)?

Rasmus9100

Commendable
Jul 11, 2021
I am making certain assumption on my own part concerning the source of your movie and gameplay being also based online.

Do you have any games that are purely local such that it would not be using bandwidth while trying to stream to see if the video stutter stops?

Are there other people in the household using PC/phone/internet at the same time? Are you on a type of internet where local traffic in your area is 'shared' (such as with cable internet)?
I have been playing a bit of Cyberpunk, and the problem is still there. So whether it being online or offline games doesnt seem to matter.

There are others on the internet, but nothing that should matter I'd think, they only use it for work and a bit of media scrolling.

My earlier PC had no problems like this, so I dont think that it should matter too much as the internet is being used in the same way as before.

Rasmus9100

Commendable
Jul 11, 2021
And I'm on a WIFI connection, and we have fiber internet in the house

TRENDING THREADS