G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

How do you start a street race in VC? I go round the back of the car
shop, look at the map, select a race, and then what do I press? I've
tried Enter, fire, space, mashing the keyboard, none of them work.

Phil Hibbs.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Nope, no indicator on the map. Do I have to be in a particular kind of
vehicle?

Phil Hibbs.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

snarks@gmail.com wrote:
>
> How do you start a street race in VC? I go round the back of the car
> shop, look at the map, select a race, and then what do I press? I've
> tried Enter, fire, space, mashing the keyboard, none of them work.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

You actually have to go find the race. once you have selected it there
should be an indicator on your map. You go to that spot, the other
three cars are there and a marker. When you hit the marker you get
three two one go. BTW handy hint, come in from the back and race
through, skimming one of the cars. this almost always results in race
start but gives you the advantage of already being on the go. You can
use this method on Wheels of Steel too.
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
1,026
0
19,280
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Have you collected all the vehicles? If so, stand in the purple marker,
select your race and press:

S H I F T

HTH.


<snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1114448030.801825.152990@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> How do you start a street race in VC? I go round the back of the car
> shop, look at the map, select a race, and then what do I press? I've
> tried Enter, fire, space, mashing the keyboard, none of them work.
>
> Phil Hibbs.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

snarks@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Nope, no indicator on the map. Do I have to be in a particular kind of
> vehicle?
>
> Phil Hibbs.

nope. I haven't played for a bit but does your map not have a little
arrow or something?

anyway, this guide has a section on the street races. It doesn't
mention anything special to do, except the obvious, which is the best
racing car in the game is the car you are given as a prize for
collecting the last lot of cars for the showroom.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_vice_city_checkpoint.txt
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

>Have you collected all the vehicles?

You mean the ones listed on the wall? No, I've just bought the place.

Phil Hibbs.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

snarks@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Have you collected all the vehicles?
>
> You mean the ones listed on the wall? No, I've just bought the place.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

you don't need them phil, as long as the pink marker is there. did you
see Jason's suggestion about the shift key?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Jason wrote:
> Have you collected all the vehicles? If so, stand in the purple marker,
> select your race and press:
>
> S H I F T
>
> HTH.
>
you don't need to collect the cars to do the races
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Funky wrote:
>
> Jason wrote:
> > Have you collected all the vehicles? If so, stand in the purple marker,
> > select your race and press:
> >
> > S H I F T
> >
> > HTH.
> >
> you don't need to collect the cars to do the races

nope, but that racer DOES help.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

On a PC the controls work the same as Amunation. Remember Back Alley
Brawl? Right or left moves to the next or previous selection. Right
Shift actually selects the race. Get in your car and follow the map to
the starting line.
 

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
1,026
0
19,280
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

<snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1114503082.297740.69970@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> >Have you collected all the vehicles?
>
> You mean the ones listed on the wall? No, I've just bought the place.

Collect each car on the list and drive it into the garage next to the pink
spot where you can choose the races. For every list complete (4 I think) you
get a bonus car in your showroom. And one of them is great for racing....
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

In message <1114448732.425060.148460@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>
snarks@gmail.com wrote:

> Nope, no indicator on the map. Do I have to be in a particular kind of
> vehicle?

Check the HUD display options in the options menu. If you're not seeing
a marker, you might have something switched off.

As far as I know, any vehicle can be used in the races. Try the
endurance one in a golf cart....


Cheers,
Rob
--
..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
| / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
| \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

OK, the shift key works! I don't need no special racing car either, I
nicked a nice one off some friendly FBI chaps. It even has a siren, so
other road users get out of the way as I approach them, which is nice.

Phil HIbbs.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

It's fantastic. Hugs the road like glue. I got first place in all the
races, first time.

Of course, it also helps to park a rig in front of the other cars, as
well as starting the race by denting one of them as you zoom by!
(Thanks for reminding me of that tactic, Paul).

Phil Hibbs.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

snarks@gmail.com wrote:
>
> OK, the shift key works! I don't need no special racing car either, I
> nicked a nice one off some friendly FBI chaps. It even has a siren, so
> other road users get out of the way as I approach them, which is nice.
>
> Phil HIbbs.

Ah, the little ferrari thing? Sadly they have dumped the FBI sports
cars for San Andreas. Apparently they were included in Vice City as a
nod towards Miami Vice
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

snarks@gmail.com wrote:
>
> It's fantastic. Hugs the road like glue. I got first place in all the
> races, first time.
>
> Of course, it also helps to park a rig in front of the other cars, as
> well as starting the race by denting one of them as you zoom by!
> (Thanks for reminding me of that tactic, Paul).
>
> Phil Hibbs.

I must dig it out again. I had started playing it but kept forgetting
Tommy Can't Swim!
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
174
0
18,680
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:426FD804.2C8F4FDB@blueyonder.co.uk...
> snarks@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> It's fantastic. Hugs the road like glue. I got first place in all the
>> races, first time.
>>
>> Of course, it also helps to park a rig in front of the other cars, as
>> well as starting the race by denting one of them as you zoom by!
>> (Thanks for reminding me of that tactic, Paul).
>>
>> Phil Hibbs.
>
> I must dig it out again. I had started playing it but kept forgetting
> Tommy Can't Swim!
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

No...but he can walk on the bottom of the sea...I'd like to see CJ doin'
that.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Razor wrote:
>
> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:426FD804.2C8F4FDB@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > snarks@gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> It's fantastic. Hugs the road like glue. I got first place in all the
> >> races, first time.
> >>
> >> Of course, it also helps to park a rig in front of the other cars, as
> >> well as starting the race by denting one of them as you zoom by!
> >> (Thanks for reminding me of that tactic, Paul).
> >>
> >> Phil Hibbs.
> >
> > I must dig it out again. I had started playing it but kept forgetting
> > Tommy Can't Swim!
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> > -------------------------------------------------------
> > Stop and Look
> > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
>
> No...but he can walk on the bottom of the sea...I'd like to see CJ doin'
> that.

:O) I mentioned somewhere in here, he can. Get a plane or chopped
which can go on water. two player game. one player gets in the plane
while it's on the water and the other person climbs in after swimming
round a little, but try and get them to go to the driver/pilot door.
Instead of going round sometimes they will drag out the pilot, who
will promptly sink to the bottom of the water and walk around down
there.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 

TRENDING THREADS