[SOLVED] Strict NAT

CinnamonLV

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hello, so I have ran into a problem. I switched from dsl(the type where it’s dug into the ground) to wireless(i have a sim card that you put into the router and it gives wired and wireless). I have my computer connected with the ethernet cable to the router but when I enter games it says Strict NAT. I go into the settings of router and I do what the tutorial says. It still says Strict NAT. It’s a pain in the butt to play GTA V Online because it kicks everyone from server. I hope you can help.

Solution
Cellular internet is going to give you tons of lag no matter what!!! Strict NAT as well. The only proper solution is to get microwave broadband or landline internet like cable, fiber or DSL.

beers

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 4, 2012
Most wireless carriers use CGNAT where the carrier does it's own NAT layer which you can't port forward on.

The only real solution if retaining wireless/cellular would be rolling a VPN to an address that accepts inbound connections and forwards them to you, which adds extra latency.

What was your reasoning for changing ISP?

Edit: Additional detail for clarification.

Last edited:

CinnamonLV

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Most wireless carriers use CGNAT where the carrier does it's own NAT layer which you can't port forward on.

The only real solution if retaining wireless/cellular would be rolling a VPN to an address that accepts inbound connections and forwards them to you, which adds extra latency.

What was your reasoning for changing ISP?

Edit: Additional detail for clarification.
Sorry have been busy, I changed my isp because the dsl in my area is only max 10 mbit/s, but the 4g router gives 90 mbit/s without any dips. The only thing is the ping and the errors of strict nat. I will move to a city after a few months and then I will have 1000 mbit/s for 30euros a month fiber so I am not really that sad. Thank you for info though.

TRENDING THREADS