[SOLVED] Stuck in boot loop with no post

Mar 27, 2020
I'm making a lan party pc with a 2700k in a msi z77ia motherboard and no matter what i do it just bootloops

It was working fine last night

My new lan pc keeps getting stuck in a boot loop with no post what so ever, it just keeps booting and resarting until it gets turned off

Specs are as follows
Core i7 2700k
16gbs of 1600mhz ddr3
Msi z77ia-e53
Samsung 850 pro (256gb)
Kingston ssdnow 330 (128gb)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
If the build worked even briefly then that is some assurance the components are all compatible and functional.

So something either has come loose or outright failed.

Try another known working display/video cable and another known working monitor.

If that does not work then you will need to start over.

Take the server apart, rebuild. Examine all pins and plugs. Check the motherboard, the standoff's - everything.

Look at the USB ports, video ports, audio ports, LAN port. Perhaps a cable got twisted or pulled - worked at first but further movement or actions caused a short.

Check that no cables are kinked, pinched, bare conductor showing etc.

Apply new thermal paste - the original paste may not have "lasted" once the CPU...

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Any beeps, diagnostic LEDs via the motherboard?

Are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Are you able to get into BIOS?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

======

New build:

Doublecheck that all cards, connections, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Do so by visual inspection and feel. Use a bright flashlight to help.

No one wants to force anything but such things can feel tight and in place but are really not fully and properly seated.

Mar 27, 2020
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Any beeps, diagnostic LEDs via the motherboard?

Are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Are you able to get into BIOS?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

======

New build:

Doublecheck that all cards, connections, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Do so by visual inspection and feel. Use a bright flashlight to help.

No one wants to force anything but such things can feel tight and in place but are really not fully and properly seated.

the psu that i originally was using was out of an emachine that was about 2 yeas old its a 400w but i also tried a thermaltake smart pro unit at 750w and it also didnt stop the boot looping, and no it being an older mini itx board it dosnt have a speaker or a post code led, and i cannot even get a post to the bios and ive made sure everything is plugged in correctly multiple times

Mar 27, 2020
Do you see "Press Delete" on the screen? Or maybe just a flash that might have been that?

Start rapidly tapping DEL as you hard power on the system.

And remember that you may be able to install an internal speaker on the motherboard.
no my display dosnt even recognize a signal, and there is no header for a speaker on this motherboard

Ralston18

Titan
If the build worked even briefly then that is some assurance the components are all compatible and functional.

So something either has come loose or outright failed.

Try another known working display/video cable and another known working monitor.

If that does not work then you will need to start over.

Take the server apart, rebuild. Examine all pins and plugs. Check the motherboard, the standoff's - everything.

Look at the USB ports, video ports, audio ports, LAN port. Perhaps a cable got twisted or pulled - worked at first but further movement or actions caused a short.

Check that no cables are kinked, pinched, bare conductor showing etc.

Apply new thermal paste - the original paste may not have "lasted" once the CPU heated up a couple of times.

Solution