stuck mouse

my mouse sticks on start-up page. Nice pic of Mars and a pretty
arrow in top l corner that neither moves nor clicks. It is most
frustrating.

Any ideas?

XP, loads of RAM, MX440-8X 64M 3D card, 2G Hz CPU

Can't see that the patch would fix this, but better do it anyway.
Then I'll go to the pub.

SR

If you click on the screen and this 'unfreezes' the mouse then you are
losing focus at startup.

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 18:47:37 +0100, "Steve Ralph"
<steve@steveralph.f9.co.uk> wrote:

>my mouse sticks on start-up page. Nice pic of Mars and a pretty
>arrow in top l corner that neither moves nor clicks. It is most
>frustrating.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>XP, loads of RAM, MX440-8X 64M 3D card, 2G Hz CPU
>
>Can't see that the patch would fix this, but better do it anyway.
>Then I'll go to the pub.
>
>SR

MX440-8X 64M 3D card

"Diver" <Diver@Home.com> wrote in message
> If you click on the screen and this 'unfreezes' the mouse then you are
> losing focus at startup.

Yeah, or try Alt+Tab.

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
> "Diver" <Diver@Home.com> wrote in message
> > If you click on the screen and this 'unfreezes' the mouse then you are
> > losing focus at startup.

Mouse doesn't react at all, it's like I unplugged it. Can't find any kb
commands.
Have to use ALT_CONT_DEL to get out

> Yeah, or try Alt+Tab.

Puts up its window but thats all

SR

"marXbig [AGQx]" <marxbig@nocharterspam.net> wrote in message
> MX440-8X 64M 3D card

It occurs to me that the 8X means 8 bit. In which case, it won't work.......

SR

News==----
Newsgroups

"Steve Ralph" <steve@steveralph.f9.co.uk> wrote in message

> "marXbig [AGQx]" <marxbig@nocharterspam.net> wrote in message
> > MX440-8X 64M 3D card
> >
> It occurs to me that the 8X means 8 bit. In which case, it won't
work.......

Yes it should (I'm talking to myself now :>))

3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB
Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers

> SR

..

> News==----
> > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
> Newsgroups
> > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption
> =---

On 10/2/2004 10:47 AM Steve Ralph brightened our day with:

>my mouse sticks on start-up page. Nice pic of Mars and a pretty
>arrow in top l corner that neither moves nor clicks. It is most
>frustrating.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>XP, loads of RAM, MX440-8X 64M 3D card, 2G Hz CPU
>
>Can't see that the patch would fix this, but better do it anyway.
>Then I'll go to the pub.
>
>SR

Have you got a firewall, a la ZoneAlarm, that would pop-up a warning
that a program was trying to access the internet?
That could cause the loss of focus and you wouldn't see the ZA pop-up.

Next time it happens, try hitting "y" on the keyboard.

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

> Have you got a firewall, a la ZoneAlarm, that would pop-up a warning
> that a program was trying to access the internet?
> That could cause the loss of focus and you wouldn't see the ZA pop-up.
>
> Next time it happens, try hitting "y" on the keyboard.

You have braught up a very good point - I am running Panda Platinum and have
noticed a few popups. I've been choosing 'allow this time only' (I'm a
little paranoid
these days) so I should re-install and check 'always allow'. It wasn't
totally obvious
that the popup was definitely to do with doom.

In fact I'll try without the re-install :>))

SR

> --
> "...forged but accurate."
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

On 10/2/2004 3:49 PM Steve Ralph brightened our day with:

>>Have you got a firewall, a la ZoneAlarm, that would pop-up a warning
>>that a program was trying to access the internet?
>>That could cause the loss of focus and you wouldn't see the ZA pop-up.
>>
>>Next time it happens, try hitting "y" on the keyboard.
>>

>You have braught up a very good point - I am running Panda Platinum and have
>noticed a few popups. I've been choosing 'allow this time only' (I'm a
>little paranoid
>these days) so I should re-install and check 'always allow'. It wasn't
>totally obvious
>that the popup was definitely to do with doom.
>
>In fact I'll try without the re-install :>))
>
>SR

Set Doom 3 to always allow.

--
"...forged but accurate."

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

mnouse thing happened to me too, just rebooted and it was fine

"Silent Bob." <dontbother@me.com> wrote in message
> mnouse thing happened to me too, just rebooted and it was fine

Not sussed it yet, but I suspect a security issue here, rather than
hardware/software.
Put the 3D card and more RAM in today, so must check on other games,
all that kind of stuff. Thanks for ideas - it's been a long wait since one
Sunday
I put a magazine floppy in and hit the DOOM button :>))) Obviously I have
encountered the prequel Boss.

SR

.....i have to start mine from explorer because the desktop icons are bung :(