Stuck on Attempting Repairs Windows 10

JaysonJacob

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014
Hello,

I ran a malware bytes scan on the laptop and had to restart after due to having many potentially unwanted programs. When I proceeded to restart the computer was on "Getting windows ready" screen for a while. That is when the power chord unplugged and the computer turned off (My battery doesn't work). When I tried to turn it back on it was stuck on the loading screen; so I tried running start up repair. Now it is stuck on attempting repairs.

What do I do? I would prefer not to do a clean install because there are a lot of files on it that I do not want to lose.

Thanks.

Solution
Download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. This is just an ISO that will re-install Windows 10. You will have to use another computer to do this.

Download it to a USB or DVD. When you turn on your PC you will need to access the BIOS. Change the boot order to boot from the USB or DVD that has the Media Tool on it. Save and exit the BIOS and allow the PC to boot from the USB or DVD. When prompted, select the option to repair Windows 10.

This will basically overwrite your current Windows 10 and replace it with a good copy. This will keep all of your files in tact so worry not!

Jwpanz

Honorable
Download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. This is just an ISO that will re-install Windows 10. You will have to use another computer to do this.

Download it to a USB or DVD. When you turn on your PC you will need to access the BIOS. Change the boot order to boot from the USB or DVD that has the Media Tool on it. Save and exit the BIOS and allow the PC to boot from the USB or DVD. When prompted, select the option to repair Windows 10.

This will basically overwrite your current Windows 10 and replace it with a good copy. This will keep all of your files in tact so worry not!

Solution

JaysonJacob

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

Is this the same as running the "Reset PC while keeping Personal Files option"? Because I am in the process of doing that.