[SOLVED] Stuck SATA Cable on mobo

Supsuo

Prominent
Mar 28, 2022
I was an idiot, so my mobo has 4 sata cable connectors and was gonna put 2 more hdds and i messed up, i used some sata cable from my garage and when i tried to unplug it it snapped. Now theres a stuck sata cable on my port. Is it safe to just let is be there? Pls helpz i still havent turned it on

Solution
Okok but is it fine to just boot it up like that? We dont have one of those rn and i rly need to use it
Hard to tell.
Breaking off the connector may have left some wires shorted.
Would not recommend turning it on in this condition.

Try at your own risk.
If it is shorted, result could be burnt chipset and a new motherboard.

You said, you're doing this in a garage.
Don't you have any pliers in your garage?

Supsuo

Prominent
Mar 28, 2022
Remove yellow cable first, if possible. You have to push on metal clip on yellow cable connector, to pull it out. Or you're going to break it too.

Then press on metal clip on broken connector with needle nose pliers and carefully pull it out.
Okok but is it fine to just boot it up like that? We dont have one of those rn and i rly need to use it

Hard to tell.

Try at your own risk.

You said, you're doing this in a garage.
Don't you have any pliers in your garage?

Solution

Supsuo

Prominent
Mar 28, 2022
Hard to tell.

Try at your own risk.
Tysm, i didnt take the risk since i love this pc so much. I dont have the pliers so i just used my hands and one of em is bleeding but its worth it

Feb 19, 2023
Looking at your image, all that is left in the SATA socket is the plastic housing of the connector. The contacts that were in the connector are still attached to the SATA cable. There's nothing to short in the SATA cable connector on the mother board. Not sure happened to my nearly 2 decade old account. It recognizes my old user name but no record of the email I used which has not changed.

Reactions: Supsuo

TRENDING THREADS