Studio 8 captures no more

Jimmy

I have an older system that has Pinnacle Studio 8 installed that has been
working fine but never used any more. I now find that I can no longer
capture while Virtual Dub still works like it used to. I have tried
reinstalling several times and reinstalled the AIW ATI 9000 just to make
sure. I have all but given up as I have not been able to correct this for
some time now. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

J.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:58:14 -0500, Jimmy wrote:

> I have an older system that has Pinnacle Studio 8 installed that has been
> working fine but never used any more. I now find that I can no longer
> capture while Virtual Dub still works like it used to. I have tried
> reinstalling several times and reinstalled the AIW ATI 9000 just to make
> sure. I have all but given up as I have not been able to correct this for
> some time now. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate suggestions.
>
> Thanks
>
> J.

I had a similar problem after I had changed the graphics card to True Color
(32bit) mode. When I reverted to 24bit or 16bit mode, capture started
working again.

--
Richard

Jimmy

Richard Townsend wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:58:14 -0500, Jimmy wrote:
>
>> I have an older system that has Pinnacle Studio 8 installed that has
>> been working fine but never used any more. I now find that I can no
>> longer capture while Virtual Dub still works like it used to. I have
>> tried reinstalling several times and reinstalled the AIW ATI 9000
>> just to make sure. I have all but given up as I have not been able
>> to correct this for some time now. If anyone has any ideas I would
>> appreciate suggestions.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> J.
>
> I had a similar problem after I had changed the graphics card to True
> Color (32bit) mode. When I reverted to 24bit or 16bit mode, capture
> started working again.

Ok, well I just tried that and everything else I could think of and go
change so I guess I will abandon this project and move back to the present.

J.

Jimmy

John Thomas Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, "Jimmy" <JimmyCliff@xemaps.com> wrote:
>
>> I have an older system that has Pinnacle Studio 8 installed
>
> Have you tried the specialty forum?

http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_forums.asp?WebboardID=1&SectionID=143&lng=1

Thanks for the reply John. I have been to that board many times. Lately to
search for a solution. I can say I have never gotten any help from anyone
there and have been through their tech support circus enough times to try
other places.

J.