Question Stutter in Battlefield V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senpho

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
Hi ! So i have this probleme in BFV, whenever i play it, i am at 140 FPS but a lot of big stutter happens, (its not smalls one, its even more like 0.5 sec freezes) and it's the only game to do this. I play Shadow of the tomb raider, Overwatch, COD MW, Fortnite, Apex Legends and NO stutter at all (Using RTSS to Cap fps at 140 and Gsync with Vsync of in ALL game i play). I really don't understand whats happening, i tried using both DX11 and DX12, i tried with and without DXR, i tried lowering settings, i tried with Memory limiting On and Off and nothing seems to help, would anyone know how to solve this or is it just a BFV Problem ?

I Have a PC that can easily run this game and since every other game are Butter smooth i do not think its Hardware related (By the way, my temps are alright, GPU is around 77-78 and CPU is around 55-60 Celcius)

PC :
GPU = 2080 TI
CPU = i9-9900k
RAM = 32GB Corsair Vengeance
M.2 SSD

YES Every Driver are up to date and OS is too (windows 10 64bit) i tried to find answer on the forum but most people seem to say that it's related to the game but their description of the ''stutter'' is not like mine. Mine are really like half seconds freeze that makes the game realllly hard to play sometimes ,.. ! Thanks a lot :p

Senpho

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
Maybe something here, some of the stuff mentioned there is worth exploring.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/193055/terrible-stuttering-9900k-2080ti-32gb-ram

DUDE HAHAHAHA Your the same guy that helped me with my Gsync a couple a weeks ago hahahahaha !!!

Yeah it might be my SSD making the stutter because its always much much worse in the beginning of the game, but it still stutter later in the game, its really weird because no other game do that, i mean i will have 1 stutter or 2 in the very beginning of games like the on 2-3 sec but after that its butter smooth. But in BF5 its not smooth at all hahaha !!! When i thought that buying a 4000$ PC would solve my FPS/Stutter problem on every games, i never knew i would be that wrong haha

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Im around a bit, help where i can 😊

If other games play fine, it's an isolated problem with the game in question. Could be memory leaks, game settings, graphics driver and game updates causing issues. If it was a hardware problem, issues would be consistent across the whole system. Makes it easier to focus, troubleshoot, search and tinker settings specific for the troubled game, knowing it's not really your system.

Senpho

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
Im around a bit, help where i can 😊

If other games play fine, it's an isolated problem with the game in question. Could be memory leaks, game settings, graphics driver and game updates causing issues. If it was a hardware problem, issues would be consistent across the whole system. Makes it easier to focus, troubleshoot, search and tinker settings specific for the troubled game, knowing it's not really your system.

Yeah ... but i tried a lot of stuff ... and none worked :/

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah i know. Try search some more regarding the game, try phrase questions differently in the search bar and look for recent discussions. Search results vary depending how people phrase their questions. Ie, battlefield 5 stutters beginning of game. Bf5 always stuttering. Bf5 high memory usage. Bf5 high cpu usage at beginning. Just some examples, could add 9900k in the search phrase or high end etc.

Perhaps try selective startup to rule out background running apps if any. Start items are in task manager.

Try a different gpu driver maybe.

Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise BF5?

Senpho

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
Yeah i know. Try search some more regarding the game, try phrase questions differently in the search bar and look for recent discussions. Search results vary depending how people phrase their questions. Ie, battlefield 5 stutters beginning of game. Bf5 always stuttering. Bf5 high memory usage. Bf5 high cpu usage at beginning. Just some examples, could add 9900k in the search phrase or high end etc.

Perhaps try selective startup to rule out background running apps if any. Start items are in task manager.

Try a different gpu driver maybe.

Do you use Geforce Experience to optimise BF5?

I'll try to search differently ! And yes i used Geforce Experience To optimise it and turned off DXR in game after ! BEcause the Minus 50 FPS was annoying !

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try not use GE. There could be a setting Nvidia is using that isn't good or bugged. Search best settings for bf5 and try bf5 builtin preset / change settings yourself.

Take a screenshot of the settings GE chooses and if there's a culprit setting, you'll have a reference to compare.

Senpho

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
Try not use GE. There could be a setting Nvidia is using that isn't good or bugged. Search best settings for bf5 and try bf5 builtin preset / change settings yourself.

Take a screenshot of the settings GE chooses and if there's a culprit setting, you'll have a reference to compare.

I can't tell what was the problem but now its super smooth ... i wont complain haha but i hope it stays smooth hahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.