[SOLVED] Stuttering after switch to M.2

Dec 20, 2020
Hello everyone,
I just bought a M.2 FireCuda 520.
I installed a clean Windows 10 and all the software/drivers I had in the old PC, but I've got a stuttering in all the games I play (like Warzone or Rocket League). Moreover, I saw the CPU temps in idle are higher with the new OS (before it was 40-50°C - now it never goes under 50°C, going over 55-60°C).
I still have the old SSD so making a comparison I can say it's not an hardware problem (except the new M2), since I don't have any problem (stuttering and temps) booting the PC with the old OS.
I'm already using the AMD Ryzen Balanced (I read somewhere it's adviced but it didn't help for nothing).

All the games I'm talking about are not installed on the M.2 SSD or the old SATA SSD I was using before. The new SSD is installed in the first slot, I have another M.2 slot in the motherboard, let me know if switch to the second slot could help.
Since there was not a screw to fix the new SSD, I fixed it just using the ssd "cooler" which was already in the motherboard. Idk if this can be a problem.

My configuration:
Ryzen 3600X
Asus B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi
16GB RAM DDR4
GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Solution
Hello everyone,
I just bought a M.2 FireCuda 520.
I installed a clean Windows 10 and all the software/drivers I had in the old PC, but I've got a stuttering in all the games I play (like Warzone or Rocket League). Moreover, I saw the CPU temps in idle are higher with the new OS (before it was 40-50°C - now it never goes under 50°C, going over 55-60°C).
I still have the old SSD so making a comparison I can say it's not an hardware problem (except the new M2), since I don't have any problem (stuttering and temps) booting the PC with the old OS.
I'm already using the AMD Ryzen Balanced (I read somewhere it's adviced but it didn't help for nothing).

All the games I'm talking about are not installed on the M.2 SSD or the old SATA SSD I was using before. The new SSD is installed in the first slot, I have another M.2 slot in the motherboard, let me know if switch to the second slot could help.
Since there was not a screw to fix the new SSD, I fixed it just using the ssd "cooler" which was already in the motherboard. Idk if this can be a problem.

My configuration:
Ryzen 3600X
Asus B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi
16GB RAM DDR4
GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Try the other m.2 port you may not be getting prober conetion in the first slot if your not using a provided mount

Dec 20, 2020
Try the other m.2 port you may not be getting prober conetion in the first slot if your not using a provided mount

It was not provided any screw and I couldn't find any screw to mount it better. Tomorrow I'll try the second slot.
I could think that it was the problem but I couldn't explain the temps problem. I thought it was related.

Dec 16, 2020
It was not provided any screw and I couldn't find any screw to mount it better. Tomorrow I'll try the second slot.
I could think that it was the problem but I couldn't explain the temps problem. I thought it was related.
That little of a temp difference might just as well be caused by dust build-up in the fan or other time-factors.
Have you updated your BIOS and more specifically the nvme drivers/firmware anything recently?

Solution