Question Stuttering in every game on new PC

Kickthebaby102

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
All of my games are stuttering on my new PC.
I have tried everything I could, including bringing the PC to be diagnosed at a repair place in town, which didn't fix anything either.

Call of Duty: Warzone stutters a LOT in the menus, but in the game it's mostly playable with only a few stutters occasionally.
Red Dead Redemption 2 has stuttering usually after I raise my wanted level, but other than that it's mostly smooth
The new Destroy All Humans remake has pretty bad stuttering when I fly around in the UFO and especially when I destroy buildings
The Forest stutters when moving around the map, and has horrible long stutters when entering caves
These are just a few examples.

On my own so far, I have attempted the following:
Reinstalling Windows 10 / wiping all of my files
Using Rivatuner to cap my framerate
Trying games with and without Vsync / Gsync
Setting my PC power to Ultimate and High Performance mode
Testing the games on a lower resolution and refresh rate
Lowering graphical settings
Trying a different DisplayPort cable
Trying an HDMI cable
Adding more RAM
Enabling / Disabling Windows Game Mode and Game Bar
Playing the games from my other SSD

My games have a high framerate in most of my games, until the stutters happen.
I have also tried to use Intelligent Standby List Cleaner, which was suggested to me, but that didn't help either.

My specs are as follows:
Nvidia RTX 2060 Super
16gb Ram
i5-9400f
2 SSDs, a 1tb one for gaming and the other 500gb SSD for Windows 10 / Files
Asus ROG Swift PG258Q 240hz Gsync Monitor

If anyone can help guide me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Kickthebaby102

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
dah.jpg

The CPU / GPU temp and usage are in the top-left corner of this image.
The framerate is only that low because it stuttered at that point, by the way.
I have not ran a memory test, is there one you'd recommend?
Also, this is a prebuilt PC. Where can I find the make and model of my PSU? Sorry for the noob question...

anceintsz

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
He means like if you can fit 4 on there, then take your two 8GB sticks and put one on second row, then another on the fourth like leap frog. This enables dual channel memory and idk if you say it just goes to 2666mhz or not i just dont want to say I know it all is cool

Kickthebaby102

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
He means like if you can fit 4 on there, then take your two 8GB sticks and put one on second row, then another on the fourth like leap frog. This enables dual channel memory and idk if you say it just goes to 2666mhz or not i just dont want to say I know it all is cool
I'm already doing that exact same thing with both ram sticks.

Jul 30, 2020
It's probably the gpu/monitor or a combination of both. I'd send it back if it doesn't run right. There seems to be a massive amount of stuttering rtx cards, and also a lot of problems with variable refresh rate monitors. Return it for them to sort it and if they can't, get a refund.

Kickthebaby102

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
It's probably the gpu/monitor or a combination of both. I'd send it back if it doesn't run right. There seems to be a massive amount of stuttering rtx cards, and also a lot of problems with variable refresh rate monitors. Return it for them to sort it and if they can't, get a refund.
Well, I don't think the issue is my actual monitor, as i've tried a different monitor and it did the same thing.
You could be right about it being the GPU. Honestly, if I can't find the issue and my only possible solution is to send the GPU back, i'd rather just save myself all of the potential frustration and buy a better PC. It just seems unlikely that this is the same issue that I had on my old PC. That's a big coincidence to me.

Jul 30, 2020
I feel for you buddy I've literally had the same problem for a couple of months in which time I've changed every single part. I've been through 4 ram kits, 4 cpus, 3 gpus, 4 motherboards, 2 psus, 2ssd, 3 monitors and still have the problem. I do believe there's more faulty gpus than people realise and companies actually try sell them to us. Only really shows up at high refresh rates under extreme loads as stuttering and excessive texture pop in, pointing to unstable core or vram, but not quite bad enough to crash. Only other possibility is I've heard bad power regulation in homes could be a cause. This would need an expensive ups to solve. Try it in another socket or room entirely and see if it is the same.

Latest posts