Question Stuttering issue on my gaming PC ?

Feb 17, 2023
I am new to gaming pcs, but I have owned this one for 4 years to do work (my work consist of rendering for animation) and playing games. However, every game I play I run into stuttering issues, should this be normal with a pc this old with these specs below?

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
GPU: RTX 2080

I installed msi afterburner to watch temperatures on the cpu (i get a steady 60-70 degrees) and the framerate. With low graphical settings I can only get around 70 -80fps on intensive games such as rdr2, battlefield 4, etc

would anyone be able to give advice, cheers.

Feb 17, 2023
Corsair H100i pro rgb - watercooling system
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB DDr4 SD
GPU: RTX 2080
rog strix z390-e gaming motherboard
RM 750x Corsair - power supply

All components are atleast 4 -5 years old, prebuilt in 2018.

Feb 17, 2023
image setting preview is set to performance
resolution 2560 x 1440 (Native) at 144hz
PhysX Setting set to Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
G-sync compatible is turned off

Do you want the manage 3D settings?

Hey there,

You've turned off G-sync, but why? It should solve your stuttering. It's not as if the 2080 can will run most games at 1440p on high settings, at 144hz/fps.

Are all your system drivers (chipset, lan, etc) up to date? What bios are you running on your system right now?

I'd DDU your GPU driver, and reinstall it fresh.

Feb 17, 2023
I was playing around trying to figure what might solve it, i had G-sync on but still had the same problem. Where can I review my system drivers, sorry I'm new, what is a bios, and is DDU an uninstaller for drivers?

I was playing around trying to figure what might solve it, i had G-sync on but still had the same problem. Where can I review my system drivers, sorry I'm new, what is a bios, and is DDU an uninstaller for drivers?

You can check in the Nvidia Control Panel, or Geforce Experience, or DXDiag.

DDU is a great tool for cleaning your system of existing GPU drivers, allowing you do a fresh install of the driver.

Your bios is the underlying code, when your system boots up that connects the hardware, and lets Windows boot up. There are a lot of functions to a BIOS. It can help change all sorts of things. You can set your ram to run XMP. You can (depending on CPU and mobo, overclock the CPU.

You can check your bios revision in System Information app, under the System summary tab. You can also check it by going into the bios itself, by pressing a particular key at boot up. Typically F2/F8/F10 or ESC or Delete. it will be different for each manufacturer, but sometimes the same.

Feb 17, 2023
Hey there,

BIOS version date is American Megatrends, inc. 0802, 4/01/2019

GeForce Game Ready driver is version 528.39 release date: 02/08/2023

should my ram be running in XMP for gaming?
also, you talked about up-to-date system drivers (chipset, Lan) where can I find these?

Feb 17, 2023
Did some digging:

In the device manger I checked intel (R) 300 series chipset (Z390) and it has the latest driver.

all my network adapters are upto date as well.

so my default memory is around 20 - 30% of the 32gb ram when running games, I haven't enabled xmp, should I do this?
So if you use Cpu-z CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUIDon the memory tab it will show what speed your memory is running at. Do you know what the Xmp profile speed is for your memory if you were to use it? Better yet do you know what the make and model is of the memory?

Feb 17, 2023