Question Stuttering while gaming new and old build.

Jan 21, 2024
Hi All ,

I will try to summarize as much as possible , i buyed a rtx Gigabyte 4070 on September for my old build , the only detail i think matters to mention is that the cpu was a 8700k , after installing the 4070 i started to notice some stuttering time to time , it wasnt always and sometimes doing a simple restart fixed the issue .

I assumed that the issue was probably a nice bottlenecking between the 8700k and the rtx 4070. That's why i planned for a couple of months to switch a few pc parts , now that i did the change for a ryzen 7800x3d , new mobo , new ram, new cooler and new SSD , i sadly still have the same issue .

At my old 8700k setup i tried almost every config from the bios or windows that i saw at the internet, so now my possibilities for this issue are two i think or either is my power supply or the gpu came faulty .

The weird thing for me is that the issue isnt always there , some times i start my pc and everything is great and some is not.

My new setup is like this :
Cpu: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
Mobo: Asus rog b650e-f
Ram: Kingston beast 6000mhz cl36 32gb
Gpu: Gigabyte 4070
Power supply: Seasonic SSR-750FX Plus GOLD ( I have this one for the last 5 years)
Power cables: Cable mod compatible for that PSU

Also to add a little bit of a description on the issue , is like games run slow but fps are good , isnt that crazy slow but it very noticeable , from what i saw at the internet that is called Stuttering but i could be wrong.

i run furmark on the cpu and didnt see anything weird , temps are not even that high :
SCORE:12438 points (207 FPS, 60000 ms) , Max GPU Temp: 66°C

What do you guys think , should i try to buy a new Power Supply or try to go with GPU warranty ? Or if anyone have any suggestion or thing that i could try let me know.

If i didnt post this question at the right place , please let me know, i wasnt sure where to ask this question.

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What did the PSU power prior to the RTX4070? You should use DDU to remove all GPU(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) drivers from your build, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jan 21, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What did the PSU power prior to the RTX4070? You should use DDU to remove all GPU(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) drivers from your build, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Hi , thank you for your answer! I used the same PSU , its the one that i buy when i build my prev i7 8700k , from what i read should be enough for this new build , also i didnt use the pc the last 2 years much , so probably the PSU has only two years of casual gaming use.The thing is that before changing the GPU everything was working fine . The other thing that occurs me is to swap the cables to the one that came with the PSU and remove the cable mod cables.

I re installed windows completely , because i installed a new cpu , mobo and ram , either way i already tried using DDU.

Thanks