Question Stuttery mess on High End PC

Feb 22, 2023
Hi there I recently build my own PC and it turns out that I have strange stutters and with that low performance as well.
When I boot my PC motherboard shows CPU led for 5 sec and then the BOOT and VGA leds last till the Windows is loaded which I assume is alright since they go off.
While my PC is idle at Windows my temperatures for CPU are 36 C ( 96 F ) degrees while Graphics card is rising from 26 C ( 78 F ) to same temperature as CPU.

here is a benchmark of a mess
View: https://imgur.com/a/BIvnN1r

Things that I tried:
  1. Updating BIOS
  2. Updating all drivers
  3. Re applying thermal paste
  4. Swaping ram sticks
Here are the specs if needed:
Motherboard: NZXT N7 B550
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C16
GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 12GB
Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 4TB M2 NVMe
PSU: Uneec 850W

I really don't know what's causing this, have been fighting that problem for few months from now on.

Last edited:
Hi there I recently build my own PC and it turns out that I have strange stutters and with that low performance as well.
When I boot my PC motherboard shows CPU led for 5 sec and then the BOOT and VGA leds last till the Windows is loaded which I assume is alright since they go off.
While my PC is idle at Windows my temperatures for CPU are 36 C ( 96 F ) degrees while Graphics card is rising from 26 C ( 78 F ) to same temperature as CPU.

here is a benchmark of a mess
View: https://imgur.com/a/BIvnN1r

Things that I tried:
  1. Updating BIOS
  2. Updating all drivers
  3. Re applying thermal paste
  4. Swaping ram sticks
Here are the specs if needed:
Motherboard: NZXT N7 B550
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C16
GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 12GB
Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 4TB M2 NVMe
PSU: Uneec 850W

I really don't know what's causing this, have been fighting that problem for few months from now on.

Well for starters.. that PSU is trash. You could be getting a insufficient amount of power to the cpu/gpu depending on the voltages that are coming out of that PSU.

Also, is PBO enabled for the CPU? Any overclock? Did you set your XMP profile for the ram?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Feb 22, 2023
Well for starters.. that PSU is trash. You could be getting a insufficient amount of power to the cpu/gpu depending on the voltages that are coming out of that PSU.

Also, is PBO enabled for the CPU? Any overclock? Did you set your XMP profile for the ram?
I don't run overcloking as it gets mad with temperatures and yes I did set my XMP profile.

The PSU isn't likely to cause stutters, but this is such dodgy fake junk -- 80 Plus has never heard of this PSU despite its 80 Plus sticker -- that it's dangerous to even diagnose this PC until the garbage is removed.

I mean if the cpu isnt getting enough power, or unreliable power, I would assume it would not work at 100% capacity which would in turn cause some type of performance issue.

Whether the issue shows itself as stutters, crashes, etc .. Im sure there would still be a noticeable problem.