[SOLVED] Sudden and heavy drop on FPS

Feb 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

Recently while playing I have been having the huge drops on FPS ( I reach 2 FPS). Frustrated, I decided to Reset my Laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7000) and the problem continues. I ran some tests on Seatool and nothing as well. Anything I should know or try before visiting a repair shop?

I have done this test, does anyone knows what this means?

UserBenchmarks: Game 15%, Desk 48%, Work 35%
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ - 70.9%
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630 - 5.9%
HDD: SK hynix SC308 SATA 128GB - 140.5%
HDD: Toshiba MQ01ABD100 1TB - 24.3%
RAM: Hynix HMA82GS6AFR8N-UH 1x16GB - 41.8%
MBD: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

Thanks,
Pedro

Last edited:
Solution
The main issue with Laptops and gaming is always going to be heat. They are just not really made for gaming, the integrated graphics at just 5% for gaming shows it is an office, browsing, watching Netflix laptop and not a gaming one.

The % shown by Userbenchmark show as a % of 100 (being the best) what your components rank against others CPU,GPU etc. Your graphics are, sorry, woeful. Normally the Intel HD Graphics 630 is pretty good but yours is obviously suffering from issues.

I can imagine the whole package is throttling due to heat, the only effective thing you can do is trying something like this....

https://www.alternate.de/html/produ...MIq4fqyLO55wIVAVPTCh3J_w8OEAQYBSABEgK7wPD_BwE

or resign...
The main issue with Laptops and gaming is always going to be heat. They are just not really made for gaming, the integrated graphics at just 5% for gaming shows it is an office, browsing, watching Netflix laptop and not a gaming one.

The % shown by Userbenchmark show as a % of 100 (being the best) what your components rank against others CPU,GPU etc. Your graphics are, sorry, woeful. Normally the Intel HD Graphics 630 is pretty good but yours is obviously suffering from issues.

I can imagine the whole package is throttling due to heat, the only effective thing you can do is trying something like this....

https://www.alternate.de/html/produ...MIq4fqyLO55wIVAVPTCh3J_w8OEAQYBSABEgK7wPD_BwE

or resign yourself to getting a better "gaming" laptop or for the same money a top rig with a custom-loop cooling. But in reality a gaming 750$ pre-built would give you more fun gaming than any affordable laptop.

Solution