Feb 26, 2022
Hi,

So after I got my GPU, I've been expecting some crashes on my pc, and sometimes they happen when I'm idle in game lobby. I actually had an old PSU in my system and I expected it to be the problem. after I upgraded it, The crashes went down insignificantly and for a while, i didnt see much crashes until recently i started facing them a lot on valorant lobby and dmc hd collection. In the crash, the screen would go dark or white, the sound would be a earrapey bit of whatever was playing, and the keyboard light will not go off if it was on prior to the crash and vice versa.

here's a demo of what happens when the crash occurs.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15bsUjVAPJp-eERMRkxiUcN7wofXBcCc1/view?usp=sharing

Specs:
i5 3470 (usually hovers around 60c under full load)
12GB RAM
Asus P8B75-M
Sapphire RX 560 4GB (usually hovers around 70c under full load)
XPG Pylon 650w

I've tried GPU Stress Test, CPU Stress Test, Memtest and updating the BIOS. but the pc never crashed whilst that. I'm really clueless as to what is the cause of this all. If u have any idea, please do let me know.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for errors, warnings, and informational events that match the crash times.

How long ago did you replace the PSU?

Reliability History uses a time line format that may show the original crash period, and a gap starting with the new PSU.

And now more errors again.

Feb 26, 2022
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for errors, warnings, and informational events that match the crash times.

How long ago did you replace the PSU?

Reliability History uses a time line format that may show the original crash period, and a gap starting with the new PSU.

And now more errors again.
I did look at that and the errors were quite vague and i couldnt pinpoint the actual cause.

I bought the psu from a friend who used it for a few months, it was in top condition, so yea.

I'll probably check event viewer again when the crash happens again

Ralston18

Titan
Did you see a pattern in the Reliability History entries?

What errors codes did you see?

You can click on any given entry for more details. However, as you noticed, those error codes and the additional details may or may not prove helpful.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors are, to me, a sign of a failing/faltering PSU.

What did your friend use the PSU for: heavy gaming, video editing, maybe even bit-mining?

Feb 26, 2022
Did you see a pattern in the Reliability History entries?

What errors codes did you see?

You can click on any given entry for more details. However, as you noticed, those error codes and the additional details may or may not prove helpful.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors are, to me, a sign of a failing/faltering PSU.

What did your friend use the PSU for: heavy gaming, video editing, maybe even bit-mining?
The psu was used for day to day gaming, thats all.

All the critical errors show that pc wasnt shut down properly, thats all.

Also how could it be that a fairly new psu that was working great be failing all of a sudden?

Ralston18

Titan
Not "shut down properly" could be a sign of a loose/intermittent connection.

What you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Unplug and replug a couple of time to be sure.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, cracks in connectors, pinched or kinked wires, etc..

Also the sudden loss of power may have corrupted files.

Use "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to fix.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Feb 26, 2022
Most of the stuff, I've tried. But earlier today, i did the scannow and other check on my pc. And played DMC game after wards for and hour and it didnt crash. That might have been the cause but ima see if it acts up again.

On another thought, if that were the cause then i had done a new install of windows a while ago, it wouldnt have been acting up if that were the case, right?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
The 12 GB of RAM means you are using mixed modules? Maybe 2 x 4GB and 2 x 2GB? Or 3 4GB sticks?

See if the system would run without issues with an identical pair that hopefully came as one? Sold/bought together in a single package/kit? In slots A2 and B2, the blue slots.

Although this is somehow unlikely if you've been using it for some time to all of a sudden manifest symptoms that can be related to mixing RAM.

Feb 26, 2022
The 12 GB of RAM means you are using mixed modules? Maybe 2 x 4GB and 2 x 2GB? Or 3 4GB sticks?

See if the system would run without issues with an identical pair that hopefully came as one? Sold/bought together in a single package/kit? In slots A2 and B2, the blue slots.

Although this is somehow unlikely if you've been using it for some time to all of a sudden manifest symptoms that can be related to mixing RAM.
Nah rams r the same brand and 3x 4gb sticks. All same speed and capacity