Question Suddenly getting extremely low frames on all games on my PC

Nov 13, 2020
I built this PC earlier this year with a graphics card I recycled from my old pre-built PC and everything has worked fine up until this week. Apex Legends I used to get 75-90 frames steady and Rogue Company I would get 140 and now I barely get 30 in each and its really choppy and unplayable. My temps are slightly higher than what they usually were at, but they aren't that high by any means. I updated my Nvidia drivers on GeForce Experience and it keeps getting worse and worse performance. I also cleaned all my fans and PC and they seem to be working fine. What is causing my PC to run so slow? No viruses or anything like that either.
Specs: MSI GTX 1050 TI 4g OC, Asus TUF B-450 M-Plus Gaming, 16gb Viper 3200, EVGA 80+ 500W, Adata SU 635 256GB SSD (Windows), 2TB Toshiba HDD. I will paste below the report from Open Hardware Monitor.
https://prnt.sc/viwo2x

Nov 13, 2020
Any games crashes?
No but I believe I have somewhat found a solution. I noticed in Task Manager that my CPU usage on idle is sitting at 80% or more! Windows Explorer was taking up so much power. I restart Windows Explorer and my CPU usage goes down to 5% or less and I am getting frames again in games. I have read that this may be caused by programs that don't have an icon on my Desktop, but i haven't been able to solve that. Every time I boot my PC I have to restart Windows Explorer in task manager.
So as of now, I am able to play my games again while closely monitoring my CPU usage. My temps are very low again, always below 70 C. Do you know any solutions as to why Windows Explorer is suddenly doing this and is there any fixes?