[SOLVED] Suddenly slow speed with ASUS PCE-56AC

petersiket200

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Hi.

I have some problems with my wifi adapter.
It was working just fine until now, but the last days it has been extremely slow. I have tried some stuff on internet like reseting network, reinstall drivers, reset IP in command promt. also tried to change directions. I get triple of the speed on my mobile compared to the PC in the same room. I dont know if there was a Windows update or anything but i have not changed any of my settings, sadly i cant have Ethernet connection to my PC so it must do with wifi, i was laging in games like warzone before but now i cant even load a webpage. If Anyone have any ideas please feel free to tell me.

Solution
So before you try something drastic find some way to test on ethernet cable. Even if that means temporarily moving the pc or running a long cable over the floor.

You have done all the standard stuff that is recommended. Key being checking the drivers.

You could try a USB linux boot image. This will quickly indicate if the problem is hardware or if there is something wrong with the hardware.

This is a common symptom of a failed wifi card.
So before you try something drastic find some way to test on ethernet cable. Even if that means temporarily moving the pc or running a long cable over the floor.

You have done all the standard stuff that is recommended. Key being checking the drivers.

You could try a USB linux boot image. This will quickly indicate if the problem is hardware or if there is something wrong with the hardware.

This is a common symptom of a failed wifi card.

Solution