Suggestions for a versatile laptop $800 or less?

dulcamara

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I'm looking for laptop suggestions $800 or under. Last time I shopped for one I read reviews, etc, but did not ask for direct recommendations and wound up regretting my choice. So in this case I'd ideally like to hear about models that you've personally used & think are good.

Some of what I'm looking for:

1. Reasonably lightweight - doesn't have to be feather light, but my last one was a monster & I really underestimated what a PITA it would be to lug around.

2. Decent battery life - often going to be using on the go.

3. Ability to run Photoshop & other creative software, and sufficient screen size to use in conjunction with an external drawing tablet without squinting.

4. Light gaming capabilities, although I've got a desktop for high requirement games. Again, at least moderate screen size would be nice.

5. Ample HD storage out of the box if possible.

6. Reliable wifi hardware - figured this would be a given, but my last/current laptop has trouble finding & maintaining signals that other devices are fine with.

7. Decent ergonomics - last couple laptops I've used have just not been all that comfortable for various reasons.

I know these are pretty boring- just the basics everyone wants - but if any of you can point me in the right direction or have other advice to consider, feel free to share!

A ryzen laptop with vega 11 igpu would be okay for that I'd say, dedicated graphics is more optimal however you lose battery life. 16gb of ram I recommend. Go for a ryzen laptop lol they're fast and a nice bang for your buck. unless some intel laptop is on sale lol. That's some of my advice.